Cake Supply Shop In Savannah, Ga?

Decorating By kbochick Updated 30 Oct 2009 , 2:05pm by all4cake

kbochick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbochick Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 1:16am
post #1 of 9

Hi guys! I'm making my SIL's wedding cake on November 7th in Savannah. Is there a cake supply shop down there? I'm trying to decide if I need to try and pack my fondant, or if I can buy some there. I would rather not go with Wilton, 'cause it's nasty, but other than that, I don't really have a preference at this point. It would just save me a lot of excess baggage charges if I could buy it down there. I'd also like to know so that I have the peace of mind knowing I can get more supplies if I forget something I can't just get at the craft store.

Thanks!

8 replies
mamabakes2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamabakes2008 Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 6:23pm
post #2 of 9

no cake supply shops here-just michaels and ac moore

kbochick Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 11:40pm
post #3 of 9

Darn. Thanks for your answer. icon_smile.gif

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 2:33am
post #4 of 9

I dont know where you are coming from but I am in augusta and we have a cake shop....might be on your way and easy to stop and get what you need. Augusta is about 2hours from savannah. http://www.cakefactorybakery.com/

kbochick Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 6:40am
post #5 of 9

We're actually flying in. DH said he might be willing to drive to Augusta. He said it would give him a chance to get away from all the family. icon_wink.gif

Thanks for the link!

tracy702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracy702 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 4:48pm
post #6 of 9

Is August close to Rincon? We are moving from Lewisville, TX to Rincon, GA. I have a bakery here that I am sadly closing. But can't wait for the new journey in GA.

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 7:22pm
post #7 of 9

Rincon is actually right by savannah....(about 30 mins from Savannah) around 2 hours or so from Augusta

Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 1:42pm
post #8 of 9

Fondarific Fondant is in Savannah...They do not have a retail shop...However, if you call Laurie or Lois, they may be able to fulfill your fondant order and meet you nearby to give it to you.

Paul

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 2:05pm
post #9 of 9

I don't go home too often (and I don't go shopping much when I do) but there used to be one on Mall Blvd. between Hodgson Memorial and Waters. Are they still open?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%