New To Wasc Cake

Decorating By metria Updated 26 Oct 2009 , 11:38pm by newmansmom2004

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 9:21pm
post #1 of 5

I'm new to cake baking and decorating. I don't believe I've ever had WASC cake but I see it mentioned in many posts here. Why is it awesome? Is it the taste or the texture? Is it easy to work with? Is it typically used in a particular occasion?

4 replies
JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 10:04pm
post #2 of 5

I use it for all my cakes. The texture and flavor are both great. I've never had anyone eat it that didn't love it.

Jodie

grandmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmom Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 10:13pm
post #3 of 5

I and my DH were both scratch cake die-hard fanatics. I tried WASC, both the white and chocolate, and will never look back. Great taste and texture. We both love love love them.

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 11:28pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by metria

Why is it awesome? Is it the taste or the texture? Is it easy to work with?

All of the above!!! Super moist, great texture, durable. It's also easy to adjust for all different flavors - see gourmet flavors thread, I LOVE MacsMom's orange dreamsicle, with some of my own modifications. I used to bake mostly scratch as well, and haven't looked back.

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 11:38pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JodieF

I use it for all my cakes. The texture and flavor are both great. I've never had anyone eat it that didn't love it.

Jodie

<---Raising hand. I don't love it. I don't even like it. Granted, I've not had Jodie's recipe so hers might be terrific, but I tried one from CC that was HIGHLY recommended and it was a huge disappointment. Flavorless, funky texture...blech! I've made lots of scratch cakes successfully so it wasn't the issue of me being a novice baker. I so don't get the attraction with this cake. Sorry - I know I'm in the minority.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%