Baby Shower Belly Cake

Decorating By ZiaDawna Updated 28 Oct 2009 , 2:27am by mandycakes0701

ZiaDawna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZiaDawna Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 8:19pm
post #1 of 4

Does anyone have instructions on how to make a baby shower belly cake? icon_smile.gif

3 replies
pupandbon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pupandbon Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 9:27pm
post #2 of 4

I don't really have instructions but I've made a few (in my pictures). I just use a glass Pyrex mixing bowl that I have that is the perfect size for the belly (I've seen metal ones at Wal-Mart, too) and I use the Mini pans that look like bundt pans but don't have the middle cut out (not sure where I got them, Hobby Lobby, I think) for the top. Just cook them, place them close together and ice with buttercream, then I cut fondant "skin" to cover most of the chest, then I cover each side of the top separately and then I cover the belly separately and use fondant ribbon or buttercream to create a seam for the waist and you're pretty much done. They are so easy and everyone goes crazy over them! Good luck and feel free to ask any specific questions you may have...

ZiaDawna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZiaDawna Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 9:23pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you so much for the instructions. I have to make a baby shower cake in November and i will definitelly try to make it. icon_smile.gif

mandycakes0701 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandycakes0701 Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 2:27am
post #4 of 4

I used the Wilton Sport ball pan for the belly and king size cupcakes for the boobs. the proportions worked out great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%