Cake Recipe Using Both Soda Pop And Melted Ice Cream??????

Decorating By SDCakeDecorator Updated 27 Oct 2009 , 12:32am by Peridot

SDCakeDecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SDCakeDecorator Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 3:00pm
post #1 of 9

I have a friend who swears that there is a cake recipe out there that uses a cake mix PLUS BOTH melted ice cream and soda pop. OK . . I have heard of using a cake mix with either one of them but NOT both?!! I think she is goofy in the head. She swears she has heard of one and I am just curious . . . anyone???? I figured it ANYONE knew it would be you CC-ers!!!! Thanks!!!

8 replies
Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 5:07pm
post #2 of 9

There are recipes that have both shebert and ice cream in them. Check out the Sticky under Recipe Tips and Ideas Forum called "The Recipe Links Are Here" posted by bobwonderbuns. Click on the Gourmet Flavors Thread. It is l-o-n-g but there is a lot of good info and lots of recipes by MacsMom.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 5:16pm
post #3 of 9

You can try the recipe links thread (in my signature) but you'll have to do a lot of searching. I know in one of the google docs (don't ask me which one) there is a cake that has melted sherbert as an ingredient. I can't think of any cake that has both pop and ice cream in it though (that doesn't mean there isn't one though...) icon_rolleyes.gif

jrkrayenhagen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jrkrayenhagen Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 5:36pm
post #4 of 9

Macsmom's orange dreamsicle cake recipe is SOOOO GOOD and uses both soda and sorbet. You can find it in the gourmet cake flavors thread along with a ton of other delicious recipes. Here it is for a quick reference:

2 boxes white cake mix
2 C melted orange sorbet
2/3 C. diet orange soda
2 C flour
2 C sugar
3 (6 oz.) orange creamsicle yogurt
1 pkg vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
6 eggs
1/4 C oil
1 TBSP orange extract
perhaps some food coloring if you want a more orange color to your cake.

It makes your kitchen smell heavenly when you make it and is soooo yummy. Enjoy icon_smile.gif

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 7:58pm
post #5 of 9

I'm pretty sure every cake has melted ice cream in it icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

SDCakeDecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SDCakeDecorator Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 8:13pm
post #6 of 9

WOW! is all I can say! I KNEW you guys would come through!!!! Those recipes there are unbelievable! Thanks to all on CC!!!

Peridot Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 9:41pm
post #7 of 9

I have made the Orange Dreamsicle Cake and it is delicious. It is quite a process making this cake - so many ingredients!!!

pupandbon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pupandbon Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 9:41pm
post #8 of 9

okay, silly questions time but can you use sherbet instead of sorbet? and could i use plain yogurt and add a little extra flavoring since again, living in the sticks, we don't always have these ingredients available...

Peridot Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 12:32am
post #9 of 9

YES - you can us sherbet. The recipe that I found on CC for the Dreamsicle Cake used SHERBET not sorbet. I used orange sherbet. Yogurt is yogurt so I don't imagine that using plain is going to do any thing other than give you a less intense orange flavor. Adding some kind of flavor to your plain yogurt should be fine.

This is a very moist cake and you will need to bake it at a lower temperature than most cakes and for a longer time. It does tend to be sticky on the top. Do a search about this cake and read the posts.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%