Really Big Cupcakes

Baking By Cathy26 Updated 27 Oct 2009 , 11:32am by crisseyann

Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 1:56pm
post #1 of 6

Ok, so Im trying to get the really big cupcakes AKA sex and the city style that seems to be the norm in New York bakeries. I really need this size as Im trying to open a cupcake cafe/cake shop in Belfast. we dont have cupcake shops here, a couple of the coffee shops sell one or two cupcakes but there are factory produced and tiny and more like what we call fairy cakes in the UK.

My problem is though im using muffin papers and trays they dont seem to be that big even with the swirl on top. does anyone have any tips on how to get giant cupcakes as i want to charge about £1.70 per cupcake but at the same time i need to them to be out of the ordinary for people to be excited about them,

please help!

5 replies
crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 6:20pm
post #3 of 6

You need jumbo muffin tins and liners.

Cathy26 Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 8:05pm
post #4 of 6

Yipeeeee!! thats exactly what im looking for, ok so il pay an arm and a leg to ship it over but thats better than buying more fairy cake sized ones of ebay and being disappointed - Cheers everyone!!

ps just so you know i wasnt being lazy, i have looked and looked for these but wasnt using the word jumbo so i think thats why i was never finding anything bigger than regular ones icon_smile.gif

Cathy26 Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 8:12pm
post #5 of 6

even better!! found them using "jumbo" in a uk internet shop which i have shopped in before and they sell the liners too!!!! only £6 for a tray which i can cope with!
thanks everyone!

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 11:32am
post #6 of 6

Good for you, Cathy! Glad you found them at a good price. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%