My First Fbct.

Decorating By tinideda Updated 25 Oct 2009 , 11:27pm by TheBlonde

tinideda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinideda Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 3:00pm
post #1 of 3

Well, I posted the other day on how to cover a bottle cake. Well i chickened out and did it laying down.

I did the FBCT usind royal icing and butter cream. It came out perfect. I was worried about the RI sticking to the wax paper but it peeled off good.

I took this picture yesterday before the cake was finished. Just after the transfer was stuck on. But today the black/grey has bled into the white RI... still looks ok but not as good as it DID icon_smile.gif any suggestions on the bleeding?[/img]
LL

2 replies
scionmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scionmom Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 3:08pm
post #2 of 3

I think it looks really good! Not sure about the bleeding those... might be because you used BC and RI, from what I understand RI doesnt like grease... guess it depends on the recipe of BC you used. How ever I am doing a Patron bottle this week standing up and honestly I am a little intimidated by the covering of fondant and the label, gonna paint by hand... at least try... HAHA. Would love to do an FBCT but dont kno how I would get silver icing???

All in all... I think it looks good!

TheBlonde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheBlonde Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 11:27pm
post #3 of 3

BC and RI do not mix. Grease and RI do not mix and since there is so much grease in BC, that's probably what made it bleed. Try using just one or the other next time and it should be fine

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%