Rich Moist Dense Chocolate Mud Cake Recipe Request Pls

Baking By Sweet_Toof Updated 18 Mar 2010 , 3:16am by Sweet_Toof

Sweet_Toof Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Toof Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 10:13pm
post #1 of 5

I'm not the greatest baker, more to the point-I'm just lazy!
I've recently started a cake decorating classes which involves making a fruit cake, bringing it into class and working on it for a few months

the school sells other cake mixes including a chocolate
mudcake that everybody else swears by.

If USA is anything like australia, I can describe it as a nice tasting cake but more like one you can buy at the supermarket-rich but more spongy than dense and moist.

Does anybody have a recipe that I can hold onto for years to come everytime I have to make a chocolate mud cake?

I just think it would also create less crumbs and be easier to work with and at least when I call it a chocolate mud cake, it may be more in line with the truth.

thanks
Bianca

4 replies
ApplegumKitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplegumKitchen Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 10:17pm
post #2 of 5

Are you in Australia? Bianca

If you are - it is more than likely the Bakels premix

I have just posted my mudcake recipe - have to wait bit til its put up - but its also in this thread
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=6601017#6601017

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 2:47am
post #3 of 5

Multi-linked post with mud cake recipes:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-651379-.html

HTH

noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 3:13am
post #4 of 5

oh oh !!!! use "pams chcoclate mudcake" here on CC.. just search it! i made it for my study group the other day... ohmygosh! beautiful! rave reviews.. and i used the cheapo woolworths brand cooking chocolate!!! hahaha

so so great!

Sweet_Toof Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Toof Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 3:16am
post #5 of 5

Thanks so much
Yes, it is Bakels because I have seen the boxes towards the back of the shop - its a taste and texture you easily get sick of - nothing to rave about.
Thanks for your help guys (I know its a few months late but I'd forgotten about it - Cake central doesn't seem to be emailing me to let me know there are replies on the forums!)
I will be sure to try a few of those recipes......... as soon as I get my Kenwood (or mum's!) replaced since I blew up the motor trying to mix a fruit cake - arGGh!! 30 years old, hardly used but I guess it still had its days icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%