Lets Change The Tune Of Today/tonight.

Lounge By Bluehue Updated 30 Aug 2013 , 1:01pm by redheadfairy2003

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 2:18am
post #121 of 10090

well these are the ones you can buy everywhere here:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2300/2273353117_0a4d65a96a.jpg

But yeh they can come in different shapes and we still call them pies, i'v bought them in rectangular shapes before, though when cooking at home, we usually have them round.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 3:14am
post #123 of 10090

lol

Thanks Jan!! icon_biggrin.gif

JanH Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 3:20am
post #124 of 10090

You're most welcome, Elise. icon_biggrin.gif

Like to join in when I can!

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 3:24am
post #125 of 10090

we love having you join us anytime JanH I am a member of recipezaar and I go by the name "chef cajun deb" I have a cajun meat pie and green stuff recipe but I don't know how to post them like you did those or I would they are delish, I must say lol

Elise87 Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 3:34am
post #126 of 10090

Jan your like a genie....We think of something and then *boof* a recipe or a help guide appears infront of us lol thumbs_up.gif

P.S By the way I just made this DELICIOUS real chocolate mousse filling for a cake and it is sooo good. if anyone wants the recipe let me know icon_smile.gif

tatorchip Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 3:47am
post #127 of 10090

Bluehue we miss you

JanH Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 5:27am
post #128 of 10090
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatorchip

I am a member of recipezaar and I go by the name "chef cajun deb" I have a cajun meat pie and green stuff recipe... they are delish, I must say lol

Here you go... icon_smile.gif

Cajun Mini-Meat Pie recipe:

http://www.recipezaar.com/Cajun-Mini-Meat-Pies-316948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise87

P.S By the way I just made this DELICIOUS real chocolate mousse filling for a cake and it is sooo good. if anyone wants the recipe let me know icon_smile.gif

Of course, we all want that recipe. thumbs_up.gif

tatorchip Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 5:29am
post #129 of 10090

wow thank you so much JanH your such a sweetie

Elise87 Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 5:38am
post #130 of 10090

Here's the chocolate mousse filling recipe:

http://www.geocities.com/napavalley/4908/hcmcake.htm

Some people prob already know about it but if not give it a try.

JanH Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 6:31am
post #131 of 10090

Sounds heavenly, Elise. Thanks so much for sharing. icon_biggrin.gif

tatorchip Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 6:33am
post #132 of 10090

here is the green stuff recipe, thanks JanH for the help

http://tinyurl.com/yge65rv

KKristy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKristy Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 11:57am
post #133 of 10090

Wow, I leave for a day and come back to meat pie and chocolate mousse filling recipes....yummm...(....I mean I wouldn't fill the meat pie with the chocolate mousse LOL).
Does anyone have any big projects this week ?? Halloween !

Elise87 Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 12:04pm
post #134 of 10090
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKristy

Wow, I leave for a day and come back to meat pie and chocolate mousse filling recipes....yummm...(....I mean I wouldn't fill the meat pie with the chocolate mousse LOL).
Does anyone have any big projects this week ?? Halloween !

But you could always make a chocolate mousse pie! icon_wink.gif

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 12:33pm
post #135 of 10090

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooo -

Changing the tune of this thread - cause i need to RANT AND RAVE. icon_mad.gif
Excuse the language below - i am normally a icon_smile.gif person - but he made me tapedshut.gificon_mad.gificon_cry.gif

So, i make and complete the Double Chocolate Gateau - (you know the one i have been banging on about for the last 4 days icon_rolleyes.gif

Had to deliver it to Royal Perth Hospital at midday -
Level 5 - got that sorted.

Enter Lift - using elbow, press button #5 - (never know who's fingers have touched those things especially in a hospital icon_surprised.gif - i am an old nurse - so i know these things - icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif )

Lift stops (with a thud) - Blue waits for doors to open PROPERLY - buttttt, apparently the idiot in the sercurity uniform didn't think like me - and came barging into the Lift and banged into my Cake courier -
icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_mad.giftapedshut.gif
And my cake tripped and fell over - icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

So i give him the icon_evil.gif look and THEN very curtley said -

WT???
YOU BLOODY IDIOT - WHAT THE HE!!
WHY COULDN'T YOU WAIT FOR THE DOORS TO OPEN PROPERLY - THAT WAY YOU WOULD OF SEEN ME - JESUS CHRIST - LOOK WHAT YOU HAVE DONE - AND WHATS MORE THIS IS FOR A PATIENT - YOU BLOODY IMPATIENT MALE.

AND ANOTHER THING - UNLESS THERE IS A FIRE AND EVEN THEN YOU ARE MEANT TO WALK ORDERLY - HAVE THE GOOD MANNERS TO LET PEOPLE EXIT THE LIFT BEFORE YOU TRY AND GET YOUR SIZE 24 MASS IN THROUGH A SIZE 12 GAP - WHAT ON EARTH IS WRONG WITH YOU - WHAT IF I HAD OF BEEN IN A WHEEL CHAIR?

BLOODY FOOL - NOW GET OUT OF MY WAY YOU STUPID MAN
mumble mumble mumble

So i take myself off to a little corner - carefully take the lid off the cake courier - and there is my cake - breathing faintly, quivering and lying on its side.
OH MY LORDY - DON'T DIE ON ME NOW i think.

So with clean tissues, i lift it back so as its sitting on her bottom - lol
Do some readjusting of the little flowers - and with an antiseptic wipe (well 5 actually) wipe away all traces of chocolate from inside the cake courier.

Proceed down long corridoor - find the room - and there is this dear frail lady all alone.

Helloooooooooo she says in a frail little voice - are you here to trim the trees dear?

No petal, my name is Bluehue and i have bought you a cake for your Birthday icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif

Oh well you better go find my mummy.

Oh dear - how sad - yes her mind is going.
Just then her daughter walks in - and i show her the cake - she is thrilled - perhaps she didn't see the two broken petals - icon_redface.gif SO i didn't say anything - thought she had enough to contend with.
I also took in some whipped cream - as apparently her mum used to love that with cake, a knife and some serviettes.

Say my goodbyes - and as i am leaving the daughter gave me a huge tip - because i bought the cream and other stuff -
Aweeeeeeeeeeee - i felt bad and said no - then she said yes - then i said no - then she said yes (you know how it goes)
She pushed it into my pocket - i gave her a hug and left.

Now there is a moral to this story - anyone guessed it yet - icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

ALWAYS USE YOUR ELBOWS TO PUSH LIFT BUTTONS - BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN YOU MIGHT NEED CLEAN FINGERS TO FIX YOUR CAKE -

BLOODY STOOOOPID MAN - *mumble mumble mumble*

Thats it - i feel better now -
I shall now change the tune of this thread back to the original channel .............. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Off to post the pictures of the cake.....

Blue. icon_smile.gif

ps -tator chips are my favourite munchie -
Rock Salt flavour actually .................................................. giggle

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 1:07pm
post #136 of 10090

Great save bluehue! Wow, that lady reminds me of my grandmother the last few yrs of her life, she passed away 3 yrs ago, and her sister was worse... it's so special to make such ppl feel good. every little thing counts!

CinHan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CinHan Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 1:11pm
post #137 of 10090

Blue-
Thanks for the post. I am so sorry for the tough time that you had, but I have to admit- I can't stop laughing. You are hilarious! Glad it all turned out well for you and you gave me a good chuckle. Cheers!

Elise87 Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 1:18pm
post #138 of 10090

How nice for the lady and good job on the rescue!!! I think that man will think twice about getting in and out of elevators from now on lol.

You tell good stories bluehue, i love where you said ....."and there is my cake - breathing faintly, quivering and lying on its side"

Sad but so funny the way you put it lol

tatorchip Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 1:21pm
post #139 of 10090

Bluehue, your chips are waiting for you at Kate's, come on over. We want to hear that story all over again. It is a story that makes you cry and laugh all at the same time, glad it turned out so good. I have to say that the man is still standing there in shock so go shake him out of that chewing out of yours lol

grandmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmom Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 1:27pm
post #140 of 10090

Bluehue, you are a RIOT!!

How did the bloody stoopid man react to his scolding??

tatorchip Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 1:39pm
post #141 of 10090

Bluehue your cake is beautiful love the flowers and oh yesssssssss looks sooooooooo yummy, I do think that you can snap your fingers and whip up another one and bring when you come over. lol

Bluehue Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 2:18pm
post #142 of 10090

just-for-fun....yes i do agree, every minute does count - the daughter said "my mum is in thre somewhere - i just hope she knows who i am somedays"
Enough to make me icon_sad.gif
I am so very very fortunate to have both parents of sound mind and soooo very active at my age (54)...they are 82 and 79.
Yes, i do phone them and tell them that - my dad laughs and says "no plans for moving on yet" - icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

CinHan - Thinking back - i can laugh NOW but i was loud and bold at the time - (all class...........................................................NOT)
My mother would be horrified - icon_redface.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Elise - oh it did look like it was on its last breath - lying there on its side - *giggle* - but fortunately the *old nurse* in my kicked in and i was able to revive it - HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.
I must have looked a sight -in the corner giving life support to a Gateau - HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA again.

tatorchip - HAAAAAAAAA - i think he is stuck somewhere between the 5th and 6th floor........quivering
NOOOOOO, don't ever invite me over *to tell a story* thumbsdown.gif
Because i not only talk with my mouht but WITH MY HANDS. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
I am one of those people who do all the actions - pull all the faces - lower and raise my voice - lol lol lol
I am sure if people close there eyes they would think they were actually *there* with me.
Althooooooooooooooo, pizza, tato chips, cake, Kate and you would really add to the excitement - gawdddd, you would never get rid of me - lol lol lol
Blue runs to the kitchen to whip up another Gateau....................*cough*

Grandmom - well at first he stood there puffing out his chest (as tho saying "whatch it little lady") - you know that *stand* men take when feeling threatened by a fabulous intellegant female icon_wink.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

But by the time i had finished my sermon - he had shrunk down to about 3 foot tall, round shouldered and starting to get a glazed look in his eyes...... oh yeah, i think the proper word is SHOCKED - lol lol lol
You know - like a deer in HIGH beam headlights -
now thats funny ......
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

OH YOU WILL LOVE THIS BIT - I FORGOT TO ADD IT TO MY LAST POST.

When i relayed all that happened to the DH, he just stood there lieke the man in the lift. icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_confused.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_confused.gif
Oh darling - you didn't say WT*.......... did you?

I just roared laughing and promptly went outside and had a ciggie - icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

GOOD GRIEF - I THINK MY EVIL TWIN IS COMING OUT IN ME - icon_evil.gif

Blue

CinHan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CinHan Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 3:10pm
post #143 of 10090

Toooo funny Blue! I needed to hear about your antics this morning. Monday morning pick-up for sure. Thanks!

KKristy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKristy Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 3:25pm
post #144 of 10090

Blue - You are sooo funny ! I bet that man will take the stairs from now on !
Your gateau looks wonderful ( so happy that you were able to revive it !).....I want a slice !

Hope everyone is having a great day ! Off to make more cookie dough for Halloween cookies !

tatorchip Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 3:31pm
post #145 of 10090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

just-for-fun....yes i do agree, every minute does count - the daughter said "my mum is in thre somewhere - i just hope she knows who i am somedays"
Enough to make me icon_sad.gif
I am so very very fortunate to have both parents of sound mind and soooo very active at my age (54)...they are 82 and 79.
Yes, i do phone them and tell them that - my dad laughs and says "no plans for moving on yet" - icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

CinHan - Thinking back - i can laugh NOW but i was loud and bold at the time - (all class...........................................................NOT)
My mother would be horrified - icon_redface.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Elise - oh it did look like it was on its last breath - lying there on its side - *giggle* - but fortunately the *old nurse* in my kicked in and i was able to revive it - HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.
I must have looked a sight -in the corner giving life support to a Gateau - HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA again.

tatorchip - HAAAAAAAAA - i think he is stuck somewhere between the 5th and 6th floor........quivering
NOOOOOO, don't ever invite me over *to tell a story* thumbsdown.gif
Because i not only talk with my mouht but WITH MY HANDS. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
I am one of those people who do all the actions - pull all the faces - lower and raise my voice - lol lol lol
I am sure if people close there eyes they would think they were actually *there* with me.
Althooooooooooooooo, pizza, tato chips, cake, Kate and you would really add to the excitement - gawdddd, you would never get rid of me - lol lol lol
Blue runs to the kitchen to whip up another Gateau....................*cough*

Grandmom - well at first he stood there puffing out his chest (as tho saying "whatch it little lady") - you know that *stand* men take when feeling threatened by a fabulous intellegant female icon_wink.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

But by the time i had finished my sermon - he had shrunk down to about 3 foot tall, round shouldered and starting to get a glazed look in his eyes...... oh yeah, i think the proper word is SHOCKED - lol lol lol
You know - like a deer in HIGH beam headlights -
now thats funny ......
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

OH YOU WILL LOVE THIS BIT - I FORGOT TO ADD IT TO MY LAST POST.

When i relayed all that happened to the DH, he just stood there lieke the man in the lift. icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_confused.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_confused.gif
Oh darling - you didn't say WT*.......... did you?

I just roared laughing and promptly went outside and had a ciggie - icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

GOOD GRIEF - I THINK MY EVIL TWIN IS COMING OUT IN ME - icon_evil.gif

Blue

icon_evil.giftapedshut.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Memie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Memie Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 7:15pm
post #146 of 10090

Bluehue, I love the moral to your story! thumbs_up.gif

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 8:36pm
post #147 of 10090

Holy cow Bluehue....great save....great story!

I'm finally feeling like the flu is moving on....goodbye H1N1!

Jodie

Elise87 Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 1:32am
post #148 of 10090
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKristy

Does anyone have any big projects this week ??

Well i know my project today is to find all the little ball dragees things that i just accidently knocked onto the floor icon_eek.gificon_surprised.gif In 10 years i will still be finding them lol

Anyone else ever heard them called chachous???

That's what i call them now cose that's what i told they were called over here. I use to just call them those little balls things lol Though some people when i say chachous just think i am talking about the nuts lol

Sorry....i don't make very interesting conversation lol

Bluehue Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 2:37am
post #149 of 10090

Me me me, yes me - i call them Cashous. icon_lol.gif
I just stood and looked gobsmacked when a lady behind a counter said - "we call them dragees dear"
You call them what ....................................... sorry"?

Another Blue moment where i stand there thinking - i must come from another planet, because i have no idea what you are talking about icon_confused.gificon_redface.gif either that or i am not the full can of coke icon_razz.gif

But then it does depend what State you come from - (well thats my excuse)

JodieF - yeah, kick that flu to the curb petal - thumbs_up.gif
Seriously tho - do hope you are feeling better very soon.
We shall continue to entertain you icon_wink.gif to make sure you are on the road to good health - its our pleasure icon_smile.gif

My project for the day - IRONING
I ask you - where does it come from????????????????????????
We are either very very dirty - or very very clean
Perhaps if i stopped ironing face washers and the like - i wouldn't have so much - ..................(you think Blue icon_rolleyes.gif )

icon_cry.gif the iron is beeping me - gotta go

Elise87 Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 3:15am
post #150 of 10090

Well nearly everyone on here says dragrees so i just stick to that on here otherwise it will be chachous? icon_confused.gif

That's what i said the first time lol

Oh also the first time i went to ask for a coupler i said ' um do you have those 'coop-lers'? and the lady was like i'm sorry?...do you mean 'cup-ler'? And i was like i think so lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%