Help Cupcake

Decorating By smiley1218 Updated 24 Oct 2009 , 7:30pm by smiley1218

smiley1218 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smiley1218 Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 4:22pm
post #1 of 6

Hello everyone is there any way to make large cupcake with buying the giant cupcake pan? icon_sad.gif

5 replies
SJ169 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SJ169 Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 5:56pm
post #2 of 6

hmm i have never made a cupcake cake before but i would think you could carve the cake,

hmm maybe if i was to try it i would bake three (3inch deep) 8inch round cakes, i would use two for the base part of the cupcake and slighty taper them and them i wouldnt level the third cake (leave it with a bit of a hump).... lol i dont know if that makes any sense at all

i will try to draw a picture icon_smile.gif

Rincewind Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rincewind Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 5:59pm
post #3 of 6

While I've never done it before, I'm sure I've seen one before. I believe the cake layers are just filled, stacked, carved into the desired shape, and then decorated. That's just a guess, though.

Hopefully someone will see your post and be able to give you better guidance than I have.

Good luck!

edited to add: I didn't see SJ169's post before I responded. That's a very good description!

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 6:03pm
post #4 of 6

I agree, I would make 3 or so layers(depending on height/diameter you want) and carve slightly, leave the top one domed. Good luck!

SJ169 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SJ169 Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 6:17pm
post #5 of 6

okie lol i dont know if this will help at all...but i did my best icon_biggrin.gif

lol just so you know the red lines are the carving lines icon_smile.gif heehee but dont carve it that much icon_smile.gif
LL

smiley1218 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smiley1218 Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 7:30pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you everyone. I was thinking the same way. But it is a scaring thought. LOL. I will give it a shot. I will show you next week the finished cupcake. Thank you again. icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%