What Kind Of Cookies Are You Planning To Do For Christmas?

Baking By Newatdecorating Updated 24 Oct 2009 , 3:22pm by Julie53

Newatdecorating Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Newatdecorating Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 1:14pm
post #1 of 7

I haven't decided yet and wondered if any of you already know what you're doing.

6 replies
Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 1:35pm
post #2 of 7

For me, i bought a set of Christmas Tree Ornament Decoration cookie cutters a few months ago - so my plan is to make some of those.

Thought about *snow flake* ones - but considering our Christmas temperatures are usually around the 37C+ = (104F) think i will give that shape a miss - icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

This year i am decorating our white tree in shades of pinks/whites and silver, so will do the cookies to match.

Welllllll thats the plan - icon_wink.gif

Bluehue icon_smile.gif

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 2:02pm
post #3 of 7

Like Bleuhue, I plan to try the gingerbread snowflakes. I have two different recipes but can't decide which one I am going to use icon_cry.gif Oh.....the dilemma! I made ornament cookies, with the cutters from Williams-Sonoma, last year and they came out pretty cool. I think that you'll love 'em, Bluehue.

I also plan to make several drop cookies for cookie packages that I plan to give as gifts this year. There is a thread with awesome ookies recipes here on CC. I plan to try several of the recipes. Here you go:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-602266-.html

HTH icon_smile.gif

Julie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Julie53 Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 2:34pm
post #4 of 7

We just bake for family & friends not to sell... I started baking with my mom since I was a little girl (and I am old now)and every Christmas we would make cookie platters for everyone-what fun. Now, my 3 teens & I bake every year and carry on the tradition. We make a variety of usually sugar,oatmeal raisin,chocolate chip,rum balls,peanut butter, lemon bars,brownies, fudge, & then add candies to the platters. Nothing out of the ordinary but we have a blast playing Christmas music & baking. Happy Holidays Everyone! icon_biggrin.gif

cookie_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookie_fun Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 2:52pm
post #5 of 7

I do a cookie exchange with friends and family every year (this will be the 5th year) and I usually make 2-3 types of cookies, and then end up with at least a dozen varieties. I always make a sugar cookie, usually snowmen or angels, and then a drop type cookie. My one girlfriend asks me to make these coconut jam thumbprint cookies every year, so I usually end up doing those too.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 3:04pm
post #6 of 7

Last year, this was so popular that I'm bringing it back. I collect 8 friends/family .... usually my daughter, 2 sisters and they're all allowed to bring a friend or two. For $25 each, they come into my commercial kitchen, I supply ALL ingredients, we bake cookies for about 4 hours. Then they pack up all they can carry and their Xmas baking is done. With a dollar general right next door, they can buy cheap holiday trays & make up cookie trays for church members, neighbors, etc., and they're all done. We usually have between 1000 to 2000 cookies to split up.

So this year, I've put the word out that I will do that same for any group, family or orgz. $25/head and they can bake in my kitchen. Great for groups who want to have a holiday bake sale, or large families, or just a Girls Night Out.

I get $200 and don't have to do any work. Luv it!

Julie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Julie53 Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 3:22pm
post #7 of 7

Debi,
That sounds so cool, I wished I lived near you... thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%