Using Mixer To Make Fondant

Decorating By maureengr Updated 24 Oct 2009 , 3:22am by emlashlee

maureengr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maureengr Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 12:10am
post #1 of 6

Can you use a Kitchenaid stand mixer to knead fondant? If yes, at what speed would you use and for how long?

5 replies
emlashlee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emlashlee Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 12:25am
post #2 of 6

Oh, yes you can! Check out Michele Foster's great MFF recipe on this site. It gives very specific directions on how to do this. I just tried it myself for the first time this week and loved it! Turned out perfectly each of my 4 batches.

patiese1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patiese1 Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 12:29am
post #3 of 6

I always use my mixer due because I have RSD and it makes it hard to do something. I start out in stir then either 2 or 3 and let it run I also grease the bowl and the dough hook.

Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 12:46am
post #4 of 6

We watched Linda McClure's online video and she used a dough hook to mix the fondant...Go to www.creativedesignscakes.com.

Paul

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 12:51am
post #5 of 6

Better be careful kitchen aid will not honor the warranty for using on fondant and other thick doughs. A few members in here have burned their motors out.

emlashlee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emlashlee Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 3:22am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

Better be careful kitchen aid will not honor the warranty for using on fondant and other thick doughs. A few members in here have burned their motors out.

Very true. I had read about this also, so the second my KA starts to grumble a little I turn it right off. I'm just crossing my fingers, too. Maybe that's helping. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%