Carved Pumkin Cake

Decorating By ninatat Updated 27 Oct 2009 , 5:30pm by alene

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 5:02pm
post #1 of 9

hi all, i think i might know how to do this but i was looking in the gallery, is a 9 in pan big enough, or should i use bigger, you stack the cakes, leave the bottom and round out and carve up, then make the indentions, or no narrow the bottom so the middle is fatter, any help please it looks easy but i know it's not thank

8 replies
mariela_ms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariela_ms Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 5:13pm
post #2 of 9

I've never done one myself, but I've read that you can also bake 2-bundt cakes and stack them together...with flat sides facing each other. That seems easy enough...who knows... GOod luck! icon_biggrin.gif

LadyG33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyG33 Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 6:01pm
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariela_ms

I've never done one myself, but I've read that you can also bake 2-bundt cakes and stack them together...with flat sides facing each other. That seems easy enough...who knows... GOod luck! icon_biggrin.gif

This is what I am going to do to make a pumpkin cake for an office party. Seems easy enough as the bundt pans make the lines in the cake for you!

mariela_ms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariela_ms Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 6:23pm
post #4 of 9

Yeah, I think I will try it out this year too! I'll give it to hubby to take to work!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 7:16pm
post #5 of 9

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=80219

Here is one I did out of round cakes cause I had done the bundt cake twice and wanted a different look. Not all pumpkins are short and squaty. I used different size rounds then carved from there.

ninatat Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 6:12pm
post #6 of 9

oh good ideas thanks

ninatat Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 6:18pm
post #7 of 9

ok i need to as for each layer how many cake's do you need thank you

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 5:18pm
post #8 of 9

I have a pumpkin in my photos that I made for a little girl 2 weeks ago. I stacked an 8", 10", 8" and 6". The carving was only to round out the shape and to carve an indention in the stop. After chilling, I covered it with fondant and immediately used the dogbone (?) gumpaste tool to scribe the lines. So basically, the shape is carved, the details are created in the fondant (learned that from Bronwen Weber). It does have a full buttercream layer on the cake, not just a crumbcoat.

alene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alene Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 5:30pm
post #9 of 9

I made one using two bundt cakes back to back. Used rct covered in fondant for stem.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%