Help Me Please!!! No Idea What To Do

Decorating By myheartsdesire Updated 21 Oct 2009 , 9:02am by grandmom

myheartsdesire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myheartsdesire Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 3:53am
post #1 of 5

I want to do a damask print on fondant and I dont particularly want to buy a $65 stencil for it. I would like to find a cutter set for it. Any ideas??

4 replies
HarleyDee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HarleyDee Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 3:57am
post #2 of 5

Here's a similar thread that you might find helpful icon_smile.gif

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6519575-.html#6519575

myheartsdesire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myheartsdesire Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 4:01am
post #3 of 5

Thanks, that was very helpful. I tried searching the site before asking but got nothing. Anyway, I guess I can't be lazy with such a complicated patten,huh. icon_smile.gif

HarleyDee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HarleyDee Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 4:10am
post #4 of 5

Yeh, search hasn't been doing me much good either. It only shows like, 5 related posts.

I'm going to have to eventually break down and buy a stencil or the cutters maybe. I free-hand cut some designs for a tier on a display cake recently, and I don't want to do that again icon_smile.gif

You can also trace some damask shapes out of royal icing or chocolate, then once they harden apply them to the cake. Just as long as they're not so large that they won't fit the curve of the cake. of course, you could trace them on a curved dummy or something if you wanted large ones icon_smile.gif

grandmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmom Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 9:02am
post #5 of 5

As some other CCer pointed out a few weeks ago, a very productive way to search is to go straight to Google, click on Advanced Search, type in your search criteria, then at the bottom you'll see a place to "search within a site or domain". Type in www.cakecentral.com. You'll get much better results, and you can keep going back to the resulting hits instead of retyping the same search over and over again. Try it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%