Cakeballs..liquid Or Icing...both?

Decorating By Kiddiekakes Updated 21 Oct 2009 , 12:12pm by Kiddiekakes

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 4:55pm
post #1 of 7

I want to start offering cakeballs on my website but need to do some more research first.Can CC members chime in and help out with a few questions!!

1. Which is more popular to use as a binder...Icing or coffee creamer liquid?

2.What flavors do people like most and are popular?

3.Are there pictures from the web I am allowed to use for my website (Giving FULL credit of course to the original baker) I just need something for people to visually see so they know what they are and I have no pictures.

4.Should I stick with 5 flavors or offer as many as I can...

5. Any great recipes anyone has to share..Please post!

Thanks thumbs_up.gif

6 replies
MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 6:15pm
post #2 of 7

I use icing just because that's what I normally have. It's so little that I doubt anyone would notice if you used coffee creamer. There aren't big globs of icing in the cake ball. You can also use jams as your binder. Icing with mint flavoring (the icing is just the binder, mint for flavoring) or raspberry jam...those are my most popular.

You might want to consider a minimum amount. With one cake you will probably have 4-6 dozen cake balls depending on how big you make them.

No fancy recipe; I just bake a cake, pick a binder, and dip in chocolate. icon_smile.gif Think about your favorite cake combinations. Same thing, just in mini form and dipped in chocolate.

revel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
revel Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 8:25pm
post #3 of 7

I use IMBC and a little liqour(sp) regular powered icing buttercream doesn't taste as good. Ganache is really good to

sugaah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugaah Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 8:42pm
post #4 of 7

and if your cake is really moist you may not need a binder. I don't use one unless I'm looking for a particular flavor.

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 5:46am
post #5 of 7

I prefer cream cheese or those fruit fillings. But mostly for the flavor and color. Everything depends on what flavors I'm making. My best seller is chocolate. Howeer I love the lemon cake with white chocolate.

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 7:24am
post #6 of 7

Chocolate Ganache is another good binder.
You can flavour that with a liquere if you wish - or a few drops of a true flavoured oil.

Bluehue.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 12:12pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks Everyone!! I am going to try some of these suggestions!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%