What To Do With Craft Supplies????

Lounge By Newatdecorating Updated 22 Oct 2009 , 9:55pm by idgalpal

Newatdecorating Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Newatdecorating Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 4:52pm
post #1 of 7

I use to do a lot of crafts and packed up everything that I had. Needless to say, it's been several years since this stuff has seen the light of day. Now, I am starting to go through it to get rid of it. Any ideas what I can do with it? Not too interested in trying to sell anything on Ebay. A few of the things, I looked up and didn't look like to me they were selling. Anyway, hate to throw it all away.

6 replies
ShelleyMJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShelleyMJ Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 5:02pm
post #2 of 7

Gift to girlscouts

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 5:25pm
post #3 of 7

Sell on Craiglist or Kijiji..I just sold several cake decorating items on Kijiji locally and didn't have to pay for shipping.Also sold my Cricut there to and someone emailed me in the first 10 minutes I listed it...Doesn't cost anything to list and people can come and pick it up or meet you...whatever you decide.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 5:52pm
post #4 of 7

Depending on what you have, you could see if any nursing homes in your area could use it. You could also post it on Craigslist, either for sale or for free...if you do it for free and want to be sure it's going to someone in need, you can advertise it free to a church or to a teacher who wants to use the supplies with their class, or something like that. You're less likely to see it for sale the next day if you do it that way.

But don't get rid of good stuff like tulle, ribbons, beads, flower arranging stuff, etc...that you may be able to use when you're doing cakes icon_biggrin.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 6:17pm
post #5 of 7

Nursing homes, day cares, after school programs, church? Or give it to a neighbor with kids?

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 6:19pm
post #6 of 7

Freecycle?

idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 9:55pm
post #7 of 7

Try www.reusemarket.org

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%