Cream Cheese Icing Filling Question

Decorating By Lovemesomecake Updated 20 Oct 2009 , 5:41pm by antoinette

Lovemesomecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovemesomecake Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 12:34am
post #1 of 11

I'm making a cake for someone and they need it for Friday. I'll be giving it to them on Thursday and she doesn't have room in her fridge to put the cake (its three tiered). Will it be ok if it sits out overnight and has cream cheese icing for the filling??? Its going to be covered in fondant...Any thoughts????? icon_confused.gif

10 replies
terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 12:49am
post #2 of 11

I would like to know the answer to this too so I will give you a bump.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 1:30am
post #3 of 11

I wouldn't think that that would be a good idea.

TheBlonde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheBlonde Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 1:37am
post #4 of 11

Why don't you do a mock cream cheese filling using cream cheese pudding mix instead of actual cream cheese? It tastes just as good and can be left out of the fridge....

Lovemesomecake Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 12:15pm
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlonde

Why don't you do a mock cream cheese filling using cream cheese pudding mix instead of actual cream cheese? It tastes just as good and can be left out of the fridge....

Really??!!?? How cool. I'll look into that! Thanks.

tbittner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tbittner Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 12:32pm
post #6 of 11

You can also use Bettercream mixed with cream cheese flavoring or pudding mix. Do a search for Bettercream here and you will get tons of ideas! I just bought a 5 gallon bucket fro $22.50 from Sam's Club and froze my leftovers. It gave me much more for my $ and was much cheeper than buying the frozen little containers at GFS.
Tracy

antoinette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antoinette Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 12:46pm
post #7 of 11

I recently needed to make a cake with cream cheese icing that needed to stay on the counter due to space restrictions in the fridge, so here's what I came up with: I used indydebi's buttercream icing recipe (just started using it and won't use anything else from now on!!) and I mixed in one box of "Jello Cheese Cake" flavored instant pudding. We can't stop eating the stuff!! HTH ! I did have to add a little bit more milk.

Lovemesomecake Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 12:54pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoinette

I recently needed to make a cake with cream cheese icing that needed to stay on the counter due to space restrictions in the fridge, so here's what I came up with: I used indydebi's buttercream icing recipe (just started using it and won't use anything else from now on!!) and I mixed in one box of "Jello Cheese Cake" flavored instant pudding. We can't stop eating the stuff!! HTH ! I did have to add a little bit more milk.

Thanks! I thnk i'm going to try this. Ok, this may sound like a dumb question, but when you mixed in the box of instant pudding did you "make" the pudding first or just mix in the powder?

TheBlonde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheBlonde Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 12:59pm
post #9 of 11

No, you do not need to make it first...just add it to the bettercreme. Since I've discovered bettercreme I've been useing it for EVERYTHING! I get to from the bakery at stop and shop. An 8lb carton is $15 and you just need to put it in your KA for 7 minutes on medium and it's done. You can add any flavor to it too. GL

antoinette Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 5:41pm
post #10 of 11

No, dont make the pudding . I just throw in the pudding mix (powder) with my powdered sugar. With indydebi's buttercream recipe, you can really put it in at any stage. I swear you can't go wrong with her recipe if you want a crusting buttercream. I have never mixed the pudding with bettercream, but I have a bucket from Sam's in my freezer, so that might be my project for the evening!

antoinette Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 5:41pm
post #11 of 11

No, dont make the pudding . I just throw in the pudding mix (powder) with my powdered sugar. With indydebi's buttercream recipe, you can really put it in at any stage. I swear you can't go wrong with her recipe if you want a crusting buttercream. I have never mixed the pudding with bettercream, but I have a bucket from Sam's in my freezer, so that might be my project for the evening!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%