Website Question- What Is More Effective

Business By Lenette Updated 20 Oct 2009 , 4:59am by LaBellaFlor

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 10:34pm
post #1 of 6

In your opinion what is better on a website, a separate list of cake flavors, filling flavors, and bc/fondant options? Or a list of flavor combinations that go well together?

5 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 10:36pm
post #2 of 6

I would list both. Have the list of all the available ones and then a separate l ist of "popular combinations".

CakeForte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeForte Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 11:17pm
post #3 of 6

I have a list of popular combos on my website. I tell them they can mix and match, but almost everyone asks "what do you suggest", so that's what the combo list is. No one has made up up their own combo yet...which is fine by me, I've personally tasted each combo, and those are my favorites.

I've switched over to every cake being a fondant cake, (to support the high end, custom concept) and no one has said anything about it or said "buttercream only".

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 11:25pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by prterrell

I would list both. Have the list of all the available ones and then a separate l ist of "popular combinations".

good idea. LIke a "Top Three Favorites" or something.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 11:29pm
post #5 of 6

I do the same as CakeForte... A list of popular combos (and my favs). I always add the tag line "if you can think of a flavor... I can make it into a cake". When you list it all out... there's information over load and they get REALLY indecisive. They almost always have a flavor in mind when they come in or ask for suggestions anyway. I don't offer buttercream cakes either so I don't have to worry about that aspect, but even then I'd just put popular combos and if they want to get crazy they can. Make sure you run the gambit of combos... sweet... chocolatey... citrus... fruity... spicy... and then you won't have to muss with a bunch of flavors. In the beginning I used to have both, but I found that people are predictable and stick with certain combos, so I decided to make my life easier and pare it down with the notion that I can make anything asked of me. It works better this way. icon_smile.gif

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 4:59am
post #6 of 6

I think both is a great idea. Some people want to try something different, but can't think of combos, so they like seeing a list.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%