What Kind Of Flowers....

Decorating By kjskid Updated 22 Oct 2009 , 9:15pm by Sweet_Guys

kjskid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjskid Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 10:22pm
post #1 of 10

...would be appropriate for a fall-themed cake? I have a couple of fondant pumpkins made, but now I'm stumped.

9 replies
miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 10:37pm
post #2 of 10

I'd use only leaves but any kid of orange flower looks great, all depending on your design

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 10:38pm
post #3 of 10

Fall leaves, sunflowers, orange, red or white gerbera daisies, mums

There are some really neat leaf cutters and veiners that I found in the clay aisle at Joanns...there's a set with oak leaves and one with maple, and they would make wonderful fall leaves.

HarleyDee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HarleyDee Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 11:26pm
post #4 of 10

All kinds! icon_smile.gif Mums, sunflowers, dahlias, roses, berry sprays, mini calla lilies, gerber daisies, some hydrangeas, several different kinds of lilies, anemones, and then all kinds of leaves icon_smile.gif

kjskid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjskid Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 12:13am
post #5 of 10

I painted candy melts on some maple leaves, and those worked pretty good for the leaves. I started making daisies in different colors, but I still wanted something more, so thanks for the suggestions!

mmdiez10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdiez10 Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 12:28am
post #6 of 10

Mums, sunflowers and calla lilies in fall colors.

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 4:18pm
post #7 of 10

I have a cake in my gallery with fall themed flowers and some pumpkins, I used all fall colors: yellow-orange, burgandy, roses, mums, daisies, etc. HTH.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 4:27pm
post #8 of 10

i have a cake in my photos.. recently.. i used pettinice mixed with candy clay.. yummy.. made fall leaves with cutters. dusted over them with several colors blended.. made pumpkins.. purple mums.. acorns . hth the client said it was very delicious.. this recipe that i made came from jennifer dontz dvd.

jjkarm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjkarm Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 4:43pm
post #9 of 10

I just made an autumn cake with tiger lilies and everyone loved it ......maybe you could also use cat tails (depending on your design). I think as long as you keep your color scheme to fall colors it will work.

Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 9:15pm
post #10 of 10

Go to Global Sugar Art. Alan did a fall cake and did a variety of gumpaste Gerbera Daisies in numerous colors. They were beautiful!

Paul

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%