Newbie Question! =)

Baking By ksmith1012 Updated 27 Oct 2009 , 1:49am by cylstrial

ksmith1012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ksmith1012 Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 12:45am
post #1 of 6

Hi there!

I am a total newbie to cookie-making =) I have a question. I am doing a shower in 2 weeks and would like to make some NFSC's for the event. I plan on using either Antonia74's icing or Toba's Glace. How long in advance will these keep after being decorated? The shower is on Sunday, would I be fine making and decorating on Monday & Tuesday? TIA =)

5 replies
Kandy4283 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kandy4283 Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 1:00am
post #2 of 6

I think you will be perfectly fine! They say that you should allow 24-48 hours for the icing to dry anyway! good luck!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 1:08am
post #3 of 6

I might also store them in ziplocks (store them flat so the icing stays pretty) or lay on a big baking sheet and cover in saran to help keep them from drying out.

How many do you have to make?

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 11:14am
post #4 of 6

Do you want to bake them on Monday or Tuesday? Because unless I physically couldn't bake them any other day of the week - I would make them closer to the shower so that they will be fresh.

I would bake them on Thursday, RI them on Friday, and then bag'em on Saturday.

Hope this helps.

If you do have to bake them on Monday or Tuesday you could always freeze them.

ksmith1012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ksmith1012 Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 4:27am
post #5 of 6

So sorry I haven't replied sooner- I didn't see any alerts that there have been replies. Thanks for getting back with me. =) I originally was planning on doing them at the beginning of the week, because I am also making the shower cake. However, I'm now rethinking my schedule a bit. I have already learned that for me to do my best and enjoy it the most, I need to plan my time wisely. =) so the latest I would probably be able to start would be weds. But I will definitely take your advice, and I also think if i have to make them early either freezing or covering them in ziplocks is a good idea i hadnt thought of- because freshness was a concern. I am planning to make around 5 dozen cookies. Thanks again for taking the time to help! =)

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 1:49am
post #6 of 6

Good luck! I'm sure that you will do a great job!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%