Who's up?
Whatcha workin' on?

And Happy Boss' Day.

30 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 2:33am
post #2 of 31

2 tier confirmation cake for church for Sunday,

...but I have to get it done tonight because I will be gone at a Diocesan mass-choir rehearsal and performance all day tomorrow (have to leave the house by 7:20 tomorow morning).

So far, I've baked, made icing, filled, and iced the cakes. They are sitting in the fridge.

I've made 2 RI crosses that both look like crap so I'm thinking of going to Kroger and getting RKT supplies and making the cross out of that instead.

And I have 8 gumpaste fall leaves made. Yup 8. For a 2 tier cake. Got sick of messing with them Wednesday after only 8.

Good thing this is a donated cake and the design is completely up to me! And the end result is NOT going to look like I had planned. I've been procrastinating on it all week and I'm just not feeling it.

That glass of Riesling I drank isn't helping like it was supposed to, either.

So now I'm sitting here on CC after eating 3 piecs of cheese toast (good-bye diet! ) and trying to pretend I don't have to be up at 6 and that the cake is finished...

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 2:42am
post #3 of 31

Yeah, I've had nights like that.

This week is uber-light for me. Only one wedding cake, and it's on Sunday, so I'm only prepping cake tonight.

But I've had a cold all week, so I'm chugging cough meds and probably hitting the bed early.

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 2:49am
post #4 of 31

watching Psych browsing the site!!!

leah_s Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 3:01am
post #5 of 31

Where is everybody?

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 3:02am
post #6 of 31

Two birthday cakes for two of my children (one actual birthday and two parties tomorrow), plus a cake for my nephew's hockey team, which I think is going to be a strong contender for an "Ugliest Cake" award.

I should really keep going, but I've started making stupid mistakes, so I'll stop now and finish up in the am.

leah_s Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 3:08am
post #7 of 31

OK, guys, keep the FNCC going for me tonight. I'm taking my hacking cough to bed.

StaceyCakes75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StaceyCakes75 Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 3:11am
post #8 of 31

I got a 2 tier ocean cake with those funky deep water fish with the lights on their heads. You know like on Nemo.

Stacked and ready to decorate as soon as the munchkins are asleep.

I have so much to do!!! Hope I finish before 1am

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 3:28am
post #9 of 31

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOO, everyone
I just finished cleaning kitchen, I have a birthday cake and will decorate in the morning and made 4 dozen cake balls
Leah's sick, I hope she gets to feeling better.
How is everyone else tonight?

jenng1482 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenng1482 Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 3:33am
post #10 of 31

I just cleaned up the kitchen from a simple ganache covered cake and a big batch of buttercream. I'm having a Miche purse party on Monday so I started making some snacks and planning what dessert to make. Anyone tried the margarita WASC version?? I'm curious!

pieceacake830 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pieceacake830 Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 3:35am
post #11 of 31

leah_s : feel better!

I just finished crumb coating a purse cake, I'll finish that up in the morning.

My kids talked me into a Halloween Party for next weekend icon_eek.gif ! What was I thinking when I agreed to this???Its gonna be a long week and it hasn't even started yet!

On a really happy note, icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif I found the original cake from my avitar , that I thought was long gone. And its in its original size, so I can finally put in on my website! Hooray!!!!!

Have a great night all!

Sweetgrl1963 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetgrl1963 Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 3:36am
post #12 of 31

I working on a 3 tiered wedding cake, and a 2 tiered b-day cake only have 4 of the tieres covered in fondant, only one more to go, but going to do it in the morning, When i get this tired my work tends to show it, so I stop.
But I'll be up bright and realy to finish up and clean up the mess. and then delivery is an hour away.

gloria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gloria Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 3:38am
post #13 of 31

working on a 3 tier shower cake for my d-i-l and in between making a 3 tier diaper cake.

Sweetgrl1963 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetgrl1963 Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 3:40am
post #14 of 31

how about that spelling above, can you tell I'm tired.LOL

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 3:55am
post #15 of 31

I hope you feel better Leah.

I'm working on a 3 tier birthday cake. I just finished the buds for the peonies and just letting it dry--hopefully it turns out fine since this is my first time working with peonies.

Tomorrow is baking day.

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 4:06am
post #16 of 31

Good evening all - I am in the process of finishing up a 2 tier + smash 1st birthday cake for deliver tomorrow. I've already decorated and delivered another 2 tier + smash this evening! That's it for this weekend!

Leahs - i do hope you are feeling better - rest is best!

See you all next Friday night --

Suze

HarleyDee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HarleyDee Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 4:15am
post #17 of 31

Working on a 2 tier topsy turvy baby shower cake. Got all of the decorations made tonight, will cover with fondant and put on details tomorrow.

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 4:39am
post #18 of 31

No baking this weekend other than scones I promised my son...it's my birthday Sunday so my daughter, who is also a decorator, is making my cake! The only cake this week was my Happy Spider Cake (in my photos) which was for Cub Scouts. It was cool in that I had it set up in the middle of the dining room table and everyone walked in and right past it...thinking it was a table deocoration, not a cake! Whoo hoo, LOVE it when that happens! So just hanging this weekend...more cakes for NEXT Friday night!

Cat

ps. Leah, hope you feel better!

tesh_diggins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesh_diggins Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 4:40am
post #19 of 31

Not working on anything this week!!! Its homecoming here (ROLL TIDE!!!!) so I might make red velvet cupcakes for the ball game tomorrow. I really need to start getting ready for my best friend's baby showers (yes, that is plural. We are up to 3 showers now).

jonahsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jonahsmom Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 4:42am
post #20 of 31

I took a couple hours off to go to a play at the local college (Noises Off!). LOVE THAT SHOW! I was in it in '96 when I was in college, so it was fun to see the college doing it again! Went with a couple other friends that were also in it in '96. I don't think I've really done a good show in 5 years! Man, I miss it....but the last two years the local musical theater has done Christmas shows and I'm just not into those. Maybe next year? I need to see what the other community theater has coming up maybe...

On with the cake....since I too, a little while for myself - I just finished swirling the rest of my cupcakes for the Humane Society fundraiser tomorrow and made my first candy barrel cake (for a door prize). I'm also giving a gift certificate for the winner of the pet costume contest. That about does my good deeds for a little while! icon_smile.gif Hopefully this'll get me some more customers. She said to make sure to bring plenty of business cards because she knows when everyone tastes my cuppies they're gonna wanna get some! BRING....IT....ON!!!!!!

Now I'm gonna go to bed (YAY) so I can get up early and get rolling with the fundraiser.

Hope ya feel better leah_s

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 4:49am
post #21 of 31

Whew! Carved my tapered tiers (8,10,12 rounds), crumbcoated (it's red velvet, or else I wouldn't bother), waiting for them to set before final layer of SMBC. Then it's time to apply a bunch of purple "tiles". icon_smile.gif

prterrell Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 5:05am
post #22 of 31

Glad to see I'm not the only one still up! Finally got my groove on on this confirmation cake and had to take a break to rest my arm. Made a bunch of fugly RI flowers that are most likely going in the trash. Other than the shapes of the tiers and the color the cake is frosted it, this cake is not turning out ANYTHING like I had planned, but it's gonna be beautiful anyway. Finally figured out that when I stick to my strenghts, things go good. When I try to do stuff that I'm not so good at, I don't get better, I just get frustrated (cause I never just practice and I never give myself enough time to perfect new ideas).

Leah - hope you feel better soon!

Jonahsmom - we did that play my sr. year of hs...it was a LOT of fun!

StaceyCakes75 Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 6:28am
post #23 of 31

bottom tier done. Ready to tackle the top tier and its 11:30. Not sure I'm going to finish by 1am. When I get to this point I always think I didn't charge enough!!

prterrell Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 6:35am
post #24 of 31

2:30 am here. Going to take a shower and then to bed. That way I can sleep til 6:30. Then it's up to Atlanta to sing all day. Then finish the cake tomorrow night. Still have to get RK and marshmallows to do the cross. Going to add my 8 leaves. I added luster dust to them, they're looking good. I have some BC left, so I might pipe some flowers with that, or I might p/u some real flowers. Anyway, here it is thus far:
LL

StaceyCakes75 Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 9:05am
post #25 of 31

2 am and finished!

zdebssweetsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zdebssweetsj Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 10:01am
post #26 of 31

No cakes this weekend , thank goodness recovering from broncitis, back at work in my real world job. Hope everone else is feeling better.

prterrell Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 10:57am
post #27 of 31

Just checking in as proof I managed to get up this morning! Getting ready for the mass choir rehearsal and performance!

leah_s Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 1:16pm
post #28 of 31

Looks like everyone made it thru! Wishing everyone easy cake deliveries today!

Just checking, but we all agree that Dayquill is a food group, right?

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 1:55pm
post #29 of 31

lol leahs sounds like you are feeling better, glad you are, don't forget to eat other food groups with that one lol

StaceyCakes75 Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 3:56pm
post #30 of 31

Amen Leahs! Hope you feel better today.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%