Help!! Applying Ribbon To A Cake

Decorating By pinkbutterfly Updated 4 Dec 2010 , 9:18pm by pinkbutterfly

pinkbutterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkbutterfly Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 10:38am
post #1 of 7

Help!!! The white buttercreme icing is seeping through the ribbon around the cake. I used ribbon instead of a border. If I add another layer of ribbon over the first one, will it continue to seep through? Do I need a special kind of ribbon for cakes? Please help!!! Need for today!!!! icon_cry.gif

6 replies
BakeLoveMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeLoveMom Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 11:07am
post #2 of 7

I have heard of this before, I would take the ribbon you have on there off. Now, cut a strip of wax paper and apply that around the cake where the ribbon goes, make sure it won't show once you put the new ribbon on over it. I had read about it a while ago and I used this method when putting a satin ribbon on the bottom of a 3 tiered cake and I had no problems. Hope that helps. Post a pic when you are done.

Sarah

cakefreak92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefreak92 Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 1:36pm
post #3 of 7

I have used clear contact paper on the back of my ribbon. It works like a charm!!!!

FierceConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FierceConfections Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 2:00pm
post #4 of 7

I've heard of people on CC spraying the ribbon with Pam (or something similar) so that the entire ribbon is evenly grease-ified for consistent coloring, then applying it to the cake. I've never done that, though.

pinkbutterfly Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 8:51pm
post #5 of 7

i had this problem too. i was told to put clear contact paper or waxed paper behind the ribbon so it wouldn"t seep through. make sure it doesn't show behind the ribbon. hope this helps.

janeoxo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janeoxo Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 9:10pm
post #6 of 7

pinkbutterfly, you appear to have answered your own post!

pinkbutterfly Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 9:18pm
post #7 of 7

oops. icon_redface.gif i dont know how i did that. i was trying to reply to a posting from another. still learning how cc works!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%