Buttercream Frosting Help

Baking By mrsjah Updated 16 Oct 2009 , 3:17pm by floral1210

mrsjah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsjah Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 2:54am
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone, I found a great frosting here that was posted by pansy-girl on Jul 31. My question is anyone have any ideas about adding cream cheese to this. I have a wedding on Halloween my bride and groom like the frosting but wants the cream cheese. If you have an answer for me I would love to hear from everyone. icon_smile.gif

3 replies
JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 10:53am
post #2 of 4

I don't have an answer for that, but I can recommend the Decorator's Cream Cheese Frosting recipe here on CC. It's delicious and it pipes beautifully!!

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 3:06pm
post #3 of 4

Ugh. Cream cheese frosting is a pain. It's very difficult to get it smooth. Many decorators will only use it as a filling. I, personally, only use it on cakes that are going to be "homestyle" frosted (swoops and swirls of icing with the spatula), not decorated. PLUS it must be kept in the refrigerator, so the cake cannot be set up until just before the reception.

floral1210 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
floral1210 Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 3:17pm
post #4 of 4

I also use Decorator Cream Cheese Frosting on this website, and LOVE it. Easy to work with, and people love the taste. It is a real cross between bc AND cc frostings.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%