Which Ganache Recipe Do I Use? So Confused...

Decorating By MrsNancyB1 Updated 15 Oct 2009 , 5:47pm by kcassano

MrsNancyB1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsNancyB1 Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 5:36pm
post #1 of 2

I'm planning to make a pumpkin shaped cake out of the wilton sports ball pan. I was hoping to cover the cake with ganache, and then put orange fondant over that. I also wanted to use ganache as the filling for the cake.

So what recipe do I use? I know I need to maintain a ratio of 2:1 chocolate:cream, but I've been reading about pourable ganache, whipped ganache, spreadable ganache and I'm unsure of which one of these to use in my case.

Can I also use the same ganache when covering RKT, before covering the RKT in fondant?

Can someone please clear the confusion for me?


1 reply
kcassano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcassano Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 5:47pm
post #2 of 2

you use the "setting" ganache under fondant (you can fill it with it too). the 2:1 (choc/cream) ratio applies to milk/dark chocolate only. white choc is 3:1. I only use ganache under my fondant...you can get it nice and smooth, and it also makes the cake very sturdy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%