Off Set Cake ??

Decorating By scionmom Updated 16 Oct 2009 , 11:14am by scionmom

scionmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scionmom Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 1:10pm
post #1 of 3

I am going to be doing a 3 tier off set square cake at the end of the month. I was looking at my pans today to get an idea of what they look like. I had planned on using 12, 10, and 8. When looking at the I think that I might need to go 12,8,4... but dont know. Have looked at other angled cakes but not many with the pan sizes. If anyone can tell me if it looks better to have the 4" difference or 2" looks ok I would love it! I have all the 2" difference pans but not the 4" pan... do they even make one that small?? I am confused... Please help.

2 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 1:30pm
post #2 of 3

This is mostly a design issue, and completely your choice. It depends on how much offset you like. If you're working with pans that are 2" diff in size, then you'll "twist"/offset the cake, rather than placing them at a true diagonal. (I personally like the twist effect best.) Yes there is a 4" square pan.

scionmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scionmom Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 11:14am
post #3 of 3

Thank you. I like the twist effect also, that is pretty much what I am going for. I even went looking for a 6" sqaure yesterday, Michaels and Hobby Lobby didnt have it, dont know if I really want it, I dont kno that I will need that much cake. But its not really that much, just want it to kinda complete the look.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%