White Chocolate Wrap/curls; Which Is Best To Use, And More?

Decorating By Callyssa Updated 15 Oct 2009 , 3:41pm by Callyssa

Callyssa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Callyssa Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 4:27am
post #1 of 2

I have been asked to donate a cake to a progressive dinner this weekend, and while I want to do it, I don't want to spend hour upon hour making it, considering there will be 20+ other desserts there also. That said, I do still want it to look nice. I think a chocolate wrap can be so elegant, but I don't think I'll have to stress myself to death making it. I'll let you know when it's finished LOL!

So, my first question is, what is the BEST white chocolate to use for a chocolate wrap, for both flavor and workability? I can't stand wc so I don't have an open mind about this! I think I know the answer here, but, can I use something like Nestle White chocolate chips, or won't I get a good result?

My second question is, am I able to make the long chocolate curls from my own kitchen? I obviously don't have a chilled countertop or however it's done, and so, don't know if it's even possible to achieve this look. I know how to make smaller curls with a vegetable peeler, but I'm talking about the ones you would stand upright around a cake? I'm not even sure I'll use those on this cake, but would like to know for future reference.

Also, when attaching the chocolate to the sides of a cake, should I use my regular crusting bc, or non-crusting?

Is there anything else I should know, or be asking about?

My CC friends always come to rescue for me, and just as every other time, I am so grateful! Thanks a million for all the past, present, and future help! icon_smile.gif

PS I think I have an idea in my head about what I want it to look like, but I always love to see what everyone else's ideas are too! I searched the galleries and there doesn't seem to be much with white chocolate?

1 reply
Callyssa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Callyssa Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 3:41pm
post #2 of 2

Bump, anyone?! At least, what kind of chocolate?! Thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%