Castle Cake

Decorating By hedwards41302 Updated 15 Oct 2009 , 1:54am by mcalhoun

hedwards41302 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hedwards41302 Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 6:05pm
post #1 of 6

Can someone tell me where I may find instructions on how to make a cute castle? I have an order for one and I have no idea how to do some of the stuff. Thanks!

5 replies
poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 6:58pm
post #2 of 6

About a year ago I did one that I kind of made up as I went along-with some help from the great folks on CC. I used cake or wafer cones, glued end to end for the towers. I covered them in melted candy melts. I used sugar cones for the turrets, also dipped in candy melts and rolled in colored sugar. I used fondant accents-doors, windows-and piped royal and bc vines and flowers. I also used an impression mat to make the brick pattern.

It's in my pix if you want to see...towards the bottom, I think-or maybe on pg. 2

SandiOh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandiOh Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 7:10pm
post #3 of 6

I just did one, I used the Wilton Kit, covering the tops of the turrets in melted chocolated and colored sugar. I think it looks nice, however the turrets would not stay in place and I had a hard time securing them. cakeboss.com has a tutorial on a castle cake that I think I will use next time.

lfrang Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lfrang Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 7:14pm
post #4 of 6

I also used the Wilton Castle kit. To keep the towers on I used dowels, which is described on the wilton webcite forum if you search castle kit. The cake came out amazing!

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 1:46am
post #5 of 6

Hello! I've done a couple castles and learned a bunch along the way. They are both in my pictures, I chose to go with a little different style than the norm. I used the door and windows from the Wilton kit and made the rest of the stuff, I really liked the way they came out. Just let me know if you want to go that direction and I would be happy to help you out! icon_smile.gif Andrea

mcalhoun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcalhoun Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 1:54am
post #6 of 6

go to pinkcakebox.com and look at theirs they have a little video w/ directions - I did one like theirs and I was happy w/ it

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%