Candy Barrel Question

Decorating By rainyone Updated 16 Oct 2009 , 11:27am by cylstrial

rainyone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainyone Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 12:28am
post #1 of 5

I found such a good reception to the one I made for a friend- first one....it was so simple to make and yet it got such raves.... drives me nuts at times - it was the simple cake that took no time decorating that people go nuts for - lol....

anyway - my main question is what everyone does underneath the cake. I did a much smaller coating - basically a crumb coat and filling of buttercream and then the candy and kit kats - I found it freaky sweet and too much. The other person who wants one next week would like peanut butter filling and chocolate cake with the kit kats and reeses peices .... but has left it to me for the icing.....

Would you go with

chocolate frosting?
tradional buttercream?
stabilized whipped cream?
peanut butter frosting?

I'm at a loss and would love some opinions
thanks
Rainy one

4 replies
Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 2:10am
post #2 of 5

I'd go with ganache.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 1:27pm
post #3 of 5

I'd probably go with PB frosting, since it has a pb filling. Or with chocolate frosting.

rainyone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainyone Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 2:46am
post #4 of 5

thanks! I didn't want buttercream as much- but both suggestions sound good to me! I am leaning toward the ganache to make it richer- I am a sucker for ganache

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 11:27am
post #5 of 5

Well, it's up to you! To me, (and I love rich things), I think that it would be too rich with the ganache. I'd only be able to eat a bite here and then eat a bite there.

Let us know what you decide to do!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%