Amazing Race Birthday Cake?!?!

Decorating By chefjulie Updated 16 Oct 2009 , 8:22pm by chefjulie

chefjulie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjulie Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 1:01am
post #1 of 9

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me come up with some ideas for this cake! An 8 year old little boy wants and Amazing Race cake and I am drawing a COMPLETE blank as far as what I should do icon_cry.gif Hubby thinks I should do a globe- but I'm not confident enough in my ability to make a perfect circle out of cake!

8 replies
Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 3:43am
post #2 of 9

well what about something to do with the amazing race mat that they finish on at the end of each leg, or the clue cards, or clue boxes etc stuff like that

sorry that's all i can think of

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 4:07am
post #3 of 9

Is the amazing race a cartoon? did you google it?

SharonK1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonK1973 Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 4:25am
post #4 of 9

Amazing race is my FAVORITE show! A globe would be sooooo cool! If not then yes... the clue card or something like that! Or what about a flat world map with little pit stop flags on all the countries????

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 4:33am
post #5 of 9

LOVE the clue card idea! And, yes, we love this show too!

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 4:47am
post #6 of 9

Okay - now we are talking my favorite show!! Everything in my house stops on Sunday night for AR!!

If you are doing a sheetcake then I would make it look like the mat they step on at the pit stop which is a map of the world. Then either around the sides of the cake I would put yellow fondant (or ice in buttercream) and then a strip of red fondant around the middle to represent the AR sign.

Now if you are doing a stacked cake - the possibilities are endless - but you could use 1/2 of the sports ball pan and top the cake with 1/2 of a globe since you aren't confident enough to do one entirety. Then you could put points of interest around the cake on a -------- (dashes) trail leading from one pit stop to another in different countries and possibly throw in some of 'Roadblocks', U-turns, etc and possibly a duffle bag, passport, airplane, taxi and the list goes on and on!

I just searched 'google image' 'amazing race cake' and there are 2 examples posted.

Have fun and enjoy it and be sure to post your pic when finished.

Suze

chelseak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelseak Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 5:02am
post #7 of 9

Sorry this is really long because of all the pics I attached.....

Love that show!!! I attached some pics that i found, just googled.... Love Phil BTW!! icon_smile.gif Anyways, If you could do something with the travelocity roaming gnome that would be soo cool! He is in like every season. Also the clue cards, road block, fast forward etc. There are many things to do with this idea.... Good Luck! I kind of wish I was doing this cake now... thumbs_up.gif
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 5:08am
post #8 of 9

i love this show! you've gotten a lot of great tips!

chefjulie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjulie Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 8:22pm
post #9 of 9

Oh man! I didnt receive a single notice for this thread icon_sad.gif( I assumed I didnt get any replies :/

Thank you SOO much for all the tips! I've been stressing out all week about this, now I have some good, solid ideas, thanks to you ladies icon_smile.gif I've never seen the show, so I've been totally clueless! icon_smile.gif

Thanks again!!!!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%