Chocolate Fondant Thats Not Chocolate?

Decorating By jenlane Updated 13 Oct 2009 , 2:03am by pupandbon

jenlane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenlane Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 11:48pm
post #1 of 3

ok, so i just got a call from a lady who would like a cake for her husbands birthday. she wants the robins egg blue/chocolate brown combination for the colors, but her husband dosent like chocolate. ive tried to dye fondant a dark brown before and i cant get it that dark.so my question is, is there a way to get it that dark without chocolate? oh, yes, she also wants polka dots and a bow. for her husband. is it just me or will this be to feminine?my DH says its one step above a doily icon_eek.gif

2 replies
linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 12:58am
post #2 of 3

Americolor has a chocolate brown color that really looks like chocolate. When I color my fondant with it, I think it should taste and smell like chocolate, but it doesn't icon_sad.gif It might work for you.

pupandbon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pupandbon Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 2:03am
post #3 of 3

the latest wedding cake i added with the brown ribbon was mmf with brown food coloring (wilton), i was afraid it was too dark but she wanted chocolate brown so it can be done with paste coloring, i would suggest adding while the marshmallows are melted as it took almost a whole jar and to make the monogram, i just added tylose powder - hope this helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%