Mmf Recipe?

Baking By Pickulz Updated 12 Oct 2009 , 9:22pm by Texas_Rose

Pickulz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pickulz Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 8:54pm
post #1 of 3

Which is your favourite/trusted MMF recipe?
Can you please post the link or name of the person its by.

2 replies
cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 9:17pm
post #2 of 3

Here is the recipe that I always use:

You will need:
1 Large Bag Kraft Marshmallows
1 Tablespoon Water
1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla or Almond Extract
2 lbs Powdered Sugar

In top of Double Boiler, or in a microwave melt marshmallows and water together until smooth. Add vanilla or almond extract.

On top of work table sift powdered sugar and form a well. Pour melted marshmallows in well and start working with a wooden spoon until a smooth dough is formed. Store in plastic storage bag when not in use. Do not refrigerate. Will keep in airtight container at room temperature for 2 months.

When ready to use, if fondant is to hard, place in microwave for about 30 seconds. But you do not want it hot, only slightly warm to the touch. Dust work surface with cornstarch and knead a couple of minutes. Begin rolling out dough, rolling from the center out to the edge. Turn a quarter turn counterclockwise each time you roll a section. This insures even rolling and avoids your fondant sticking. If fondant begins to stick sprinkle with more cornstarch. Keep rolling until you have reached the desired size and thickness.

To color: Seperate small amounts of fondant and color with paste food coloring to the desired tone. Knead in color until smooth and completely uniform.

MMF doesn't dry very fast so allow at least a couple of days for flowers or figures to dry.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 9:22pm
post #3 of 3

I use the same recipe that cabecakes uses, except that I usually use 4 tablespoons of water and a dram of Loran flavoring, or 3 tablespoons of water and one of extract.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%