I Stuffed Up And Need Some Help

Business By Cakechick123 Updated 12 Oct 2009 , 3:03pm by Cakechick123

Cakechick123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakechick123 Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 8:48am
post #1 of 6

One of my wedding cakes for this weekend was supposed to have one layer of chocolate cake. One of my assistants jobs is to make a list of all the cake sizes and flavours for that weekend that I use to bake from. She made a mistake and listed all the tiers as vanilla cakes!

The MOB emailed me now, saying the cake was lovely and tasted great, but that they were sad not have had the chocolate cake icon_cry.gif

I feel terrible and will send her a gift voucher, Im just not sure about the wording, the one I've typed so far sounds sooooo lame icon_sad.gif

Could anyone help with some professional wording please

5 replies
sara91 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sara91 Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 9:52am
post #2 of 6

I would think a partial refund is in order not a gift voucher as it is a major screw up getting the flavours wrong.

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 10:21am
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sara91

I would think a partial refund is in order not a gift voucher as it is a major screw up getting the flavours wrong.

I dont agree, unless she asked for money back. I would offer the gift voucher, hopefully some of the pros will chime in with wording as requested.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 12:34pm
post #4 of 6

Can you do anything with this?~~

Quote:
Quote:

Please accept my sincere apologies for our error in not providing the chocolate cake as ordered and for the ensuing disappointment you et al experienced. I would ten thousand times more wish that this mistake had never happened but I sincerely thank you for bringing this to my attention and allowing me to attempt to make amends in the only way that I can at this point.

Here is a check for $100 (aka 20%) ~have a nice time at lunch on My Cake Co.

And/Or

Here is a $100 coupon for a complimentary chocolate cake to adorn the celebration of your choice sometime in the next year.

And/Or

Please advise me of your favorite charity as well and a generous gift will be made in the name Mr. & Mrs. Din Getnochocolate. The disapoinment can best be made null by the fact that some greater good will be accomplished in their name.

I truly value your business and trust that the nicest lunch and my finest chocolate cake will affirm my heartfelt appreciation for your understanding and patronage.

Blessings to you and on the Newlyweds,
Sincerely,
Kate K
MyCakeCompany

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 1:33pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by K8memphis-

Can you do anything with this?~~

Quote:
Quote:

Please accept my sincere apologies for our error in not providing the chocolate cake as ordered and for the ensuing disappointment you et al experienced. I would ten thousand times more wish that this mistake had never happened but I sincerely thank you for bringing this to my attention and allowing me to attempt to make amends in the only way that I can at this point.

Here is a check for $100 (aka 20%) ~have a nice time at lunch on My Cake Co.

And/Or

Here is a $100 coupon for a complimentary chocolate cake to adorn the celebration of your choice sometime in the next year.

And/Or

Please advise me of your favorite charity as well and a generous gift will be made in the name Mr. & Mrs. Din Getnochocolate. The disapoinment can best be made null by the fact that some greater good will be accomplished in their name.
I truly value your business and trust that the nicest lunch and my finest chocolate cake will affirm my heartfelt appreciation for your understanding and patronage.

Blessings to you and on the Newlyweds,
Sincerely,
Kate K
MyCakeCompany

I think I'd say instead of that boldened line^^^

The disapoinment can hopefully be overcome in time by the fact that some greater good will be accomplished in their name.

Cakechick123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakechick123 Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 3:03pm
post #6 of 6

K8 you do have a way with words icon_smile.gif
Thank you so much!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%