Rose ... Driving Me Nuts....

Decorating By FleurDeCake Updated 12 Oct 2009 , 7:16pm by FleurDeCake

FleurDeCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FleurDeCake Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 8:33am
post #1 of 6

Hi friends... ok this is making me crazy as mentioned in former posts I need to make lots of roses for my first wedding cake which happens to be for my daughter. i want them to look life like so i am thinking about buying the floramat all in one veining kit. the problem is i also need to buy a cutter and i don't know which leaf and petal cutter would work best with the veiners. HELP... can anyone tell me what to buy ..TIA

5 replies
Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 9:07am
post #2 of 6

I wish i could offer you help, but im rubbish at roses so i dont bother lol , Some one else should be able to help though x

FleurDeCake Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 9:32am
post #3 of 6

Please anyone ...need some help on this info...

cblupe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cblupe Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 11:03am
post #4 of 6

I have the 5 petal cutters by FMM in the following sizes:

45mm
50mm
65mm
75mm
90mm

These all work great with the flora veining mat that you have.

I also use the FMM calyx cutter ~ 45mm.

I also really like the rose bud maker (it has six cavities) and they are fast and easy.

Hope this helps. Nicholas Lodge has an excellent DVD on how to make roses in all the different sizes. It is an excellent DVD. I highly recommend it.

HTH,

Carol

sewgratefulquilts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewgratefulquilts Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 12:35pm
post #5 of 6

Also, there are instructions posted in the listing of flower tutorials on CC and many more on youtube. You can see how the roses are made and what tools are used. There are various methods and cutters. Good luck. I am a beginner but I love making roses even though they are very time consuming.

FleurDeCake Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 7:16pm
post #6 of 6

thanks for the help..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%