Help! Need Idea For Cupcake Topper!

Decorating By robinscakes Updated 12 Oct 2009 , 3:56am by miny

robinscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinscakes Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 3:02am
post #1 of 6

I have a friend whose son would like cupcakes with a Roman theme for his birthday. He's turning 7 and is into all things Roman. She didn't give me any specifics and said, "just anything Roman...I trust you." Yikes! I don't trust me! What in the world can I top cupcakes with for a 7-year-old that has a Roman theme? I thought of taking strips of fondant and cutting out little window shapes and making one side jagged, and curling it around the top of the cupcake to look like a little colliseum. Other than that I'm drawing a complete blank! I dont want to spend a lot of time on these either because I really am strapped for time this week! Any help you can give me would be great. Thanks in advance!

5 replies
Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 3:19am
post #2 of 6

hmm what about little fondant things to put ontop such as:

- roman swords and shields
- roman coins ( prob need a mould for that or do a simplified version)
- roman headwear: such as those leave things they wera on their head in green or even gold?

that's all i can think of

VeronicaLuis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VeronicaLuis Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 3:29am
post #3 of 6

I thought of the gladiator movie, their clothes, the armor the soldiers used, head wear. And the olympics when they were giving the athelets the olive wreaths to wear on their heads. scrolls. body armor, you know the chest plate with the six packs carved in. the helmets the soldiers wore. sandels. swords. I think any 7 yo would be happy with helmets and swords. You can even do shields. For a shield I was thinking a round shape with a half ball stuck in the middle, then roll out a very thin sausage and use it to make some scrolling on the rest of the shield. good luck

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 3:34am
post #4 of 6

How about doing the number 7 in Roman numerals on all of them? Easy and he might think it was cool.

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 3:38am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

How about doing the number 7 in Roman numerals on all of them? Easy and he might think it was cool.

nice one! thumbs_up.gif

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 3:56am
post #6 of 6

A little GP chariot or a lion head with a sword, or a golden shield with the roman numeral VII on top

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%