Help! Asked To Host A Mommy Cookie Decorating Get-Together

Baking By emlashlee Updated 14 Oct 2009 , 4:59pm by emlashlee

emlashlee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emlashlee Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 1:35am
post #1 of 3

My daughter's girl scout troop hosts Mommy Nights every few months. I was asked to host a cookie decorating party. This isn't for profit, but just me being a nice mommy. icon_smile.gif I'm primarily a cake baker, so I could really use some tips on how to work this many supplies, cookies, icing, people... I'm supposed to have the icing and cookies made already, the moms will just show up to talk and decorate cookies to take home. Oh, there will be about 10-15 women there, but I'll get a definite count before I bake of course. Thanks for your help! icon_smile.gif

2 replies
MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 1:42am
post #2 of 3

I would take one cookie for mom and two for the kids. They can share bottles of icing, so maybe three bottles for three kids (three different colors that they can share). You will need a few sheets of paper towel per person, a box to take the cookies home (pie boxes work great since you don't need the height), solo cups of sprinkles. To make it easy for them to decorate, you can outline the cookies so they just have to fill in. I do that for kids decorating parties; add circles and divide large areas into smaller areas, similar to coloring books.

emlashlee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emlashlee Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 4:59pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleM77

I would take one cookie for mom and two for the kids. They can share bottles of icing, so maybe three bottles for three kids (three different colors that they can share). You will need a few sheets of paper towel per person, a box to take the cookies home (pie boxes work great since you don't need the height), solo cups of sprinkles. To make it easy for them to decorate, you can outline the cookies so they just have to fill in. I do that for kids decorating parties; add circles and divide large areas into smaller areas, similar to coloring books.

Thanks for the tips!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%