For How Long?

Decorating By Athoora Updated 12 Oct 2009 , 10:28am by Athoora

Athoora Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Athoora Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 7:13am
post #1 of 5

Dear CC beauties icon_smile.gif

if I make the pie dough ( flour+sugar+salt+water+vinegar), for how long can I keep it in the fridge?

also a friend of mine always makes her cake batter in advance and keep it in the fridge for 5 days, so that when some one orders cupcakes she can make them in the same days,she says it tastes better this way and no body have complained! but I would like ur expert opinion pls! :>

4 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 7:58am
post #2 of 5

You make a pie dough without fat in it? How does it come out? \\

If it had fat in it, I would tell you to freeze it rather than refrigerate it. The fat would pick up any odors (even faint ones) in the fridge.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Athoora Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 8:21am
post #3 of 5

OMG of course I add butter I just forgot to mention it! I never used the freezing method with any thing coz they always say that u have 2 be very careful thawing the dough, what if I need to use it right now.. any tips pls ? icon_smile.gif

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 8:26am
post #4 of 5

If you shape it like a flat disc before freezing, it won't take that long to thaw out, maybe 20-30 minutes to rolling temperature.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Athoora Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 10:28am
post #5 of 5

and for how long in the freezer? do u also have any idea about preparing the cake batter in advance? (for few days!!)

Thank u icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%