I Need Help Fast Please

Decorating By sugarflour2 Updated 10 Oct 2009 , 3:24am by Jeff_Arnett

sugarflour2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarflour2 Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 10:59pm
post #1 of 8

Can someone tell me if I airbrush my cake tonight and put it in the frige, will it develop spots from condensation from condensation? If so, I guess that means I'll have to wait until the cake is completely dry before I can airbrush it tomorrow? It's funny, I loose all ability to think when I'm making cakes?

7 replies
Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 12:42am
post #2 of 8

NO - you cannot airbrush the cake and then refrigerate. The condensation will make the airbrushed colors run like crazy.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 1:02am
post #3 of 8

I airbrush cakes and refrigerate all the time....

The "midnight ride" cake in my recent photos was airbrushed and refrigerated. The photo was taken after delivery.

I suppose if it is really hot and humid you might have issues, but I've never had so much condensation it actually runs...just gets damp and dries again, exactly where it was before.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 2:03am
post #4 of 8

You had a different experience than I did! I guess you will just have to try it and see how it works for you!

sugarflour2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarflour2 Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 2:14am
post #5 of 8

Oh my, so I'm still confused as to what to do. I know at the bakery I worked at they use to refrigerate, but they had a temp controlled frige. Sometimes my cakes come out with condensation and sometimes it doesn't. It's on the humid side here today, so I guess I'd better walk on the side of caution and save the airbrushing until tomorrow morning. Thanks ladies for all your help.

kaseyrconnect Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaseyrconnect Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 2:20am
post #6 of 8

Kitagirl, I just looked at your cakes to see your "midnight ride" cake. Your cakes are awesome-such clever ideas and beautiful work. Just wanted to share that.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 2:25am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarflour2

Oh my, so I'm still confused as to what to do. I know at the bakery I worked at they use to refrigerate, but they had a temp controlled frige. Sometimes my cakes come out with condensation and sometimes it doesn't. It's on the humid side here today, so I guess I'd better walk on the side of caution and save the airbrushing until tomorrow morning. Thanks ladies for all your help.

Just curious as to the reason you need to refrigerate? Does it have a perishable filling?

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 3:24am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarflour2

Can someone tell me if I airbrush my cake tonight and put it in the frige, will it develop spots from condensation from condensation? If so, I guess that means I'll have to wait until the cake is completely dry before I can airbrush it tomorrow? It's funny, I loose all ability to think when I'm making cakes?

Since airbrush colors are alcohol soluble, one they dry there should be no big problem with moisture.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%