Wedding Cake

Decorating By Lynn929 Updated 9 Oct 2009 , 10:43pm by indydebi

Lynn929 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynn929 Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 10:01pm
post #1 of 3

I recevied a call today from a wedding consultant that wanted to know if I could so a 5 tier cake for a bride that was getting married in 2 weeks....WTCrap was she thinking??????....had to send them to the LOCAL BAKERY I DIDNT EVEN BOTHER STRESSING MYSELF OUT. And get this: her budget was $350.00 another quote she got was for
$700.00 to do this cake......tell me what you think. 5 tier square turned alternating ways and we wont even get into the desgns she wanted. I wont GO THERE!!!

2 replies
jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 10:10pm
post #2 of 3

She's in for a rude awakening for sure. I don't even think she can get a cake designed that way. Alternating square tiers will not fit on graduations of only 2" increments. The bottom would probably have to be about 22". I wonder what caused her to order one that size on such short notice.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 10:43pm
post #3 of 3

Assuming it's a 6/8/10/12/14 square = 18/32/50/72/98 servings = 270 servings for $350????? icon_surprised.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif There are not enough laughing icons for me to show how much this cracks me up!

I can do a cake like that in 2 weeks .... but not for a buck-twenty-nine a servings! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

She's either a very new wedding planner .... or a very bad one.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%