Transport

Baking By wendydou Updated 8 Oct 2009 , 11:57pm by amaniemom

wendydou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendydou Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 10:02pm
post #1 of 3

I was wondering if anyone knew of a great way to transport cupcakes to a party. I am under contract to do 15 cupcakes for bday parties, but I can't find a decent cc carrier that holds more than 12 standard size cc's.. any ideas???

Wendy

2 replies
suzie1962 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzie1962 Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 10:17pm
post #2 of 3

I recently had to transport 150 cupcakes for a wedding and faced the same dilemma. What I did was find the plastic carriers that soda bottles are transported in. Do you know what I mean? The same idea as the plastic trays that bread is delivered to stores in. I was able to put about 20 cupcakes in each and then wrap everything in plastic. Hope that helps. The other thing I tried was mushroom flats, the boxes that mushrooms are delivered to stores in. Just put them in there and then wrap in plastic.

Hope that helps.

amaniemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amaniemom Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 11:57pm
post #3 of 3

Hi there. I was making 70 cc last weekend and I had some issues of how I was going to transport them. Someone was to come to pick up the cc for a baby shower that I wasn't able to go to. ( had other plans but wanted to help out too icon_biggrin.gif )

Anyway this is what I did. You know those tower that is made up of plastic and has 3 or 4 plastic drawers

http://www.stacksandstacks.com/iris-3-drawer-tabletop-plastic-chest

I lined each bottom of the drawers with drawer linner so that the cc stay put and wouldn't slip and slide. I pulled out a drawer put int 12 decorated cc and wrapped the top of the drawer with seran wrap and put the drawer back into the chest. It was easy for transporting, high enough for decorated cc, looked nice, and, best of all reusable and cheap.

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%