Ultimate Cake Off Casting Director Contacted Me!

Lounge By KimAZ Updated 21 Dec 2009 , 11:23pm by KimAZ

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 5:14am
post #1 of 26

Hi All,
Not that *I* could be on that show by any means but she contacted me and is asking for people who might be interested in competing on the Ultimate Cake Off! She actually email me through one of the cake clubs I'm in.

If you have any interest in doing something like this, please let me know and I can put you in touch with her. I'm assuming she's looking all over the country for decorators. I thought of so many people here at Cake Central who would do awesome on a show like that!

I'm in the Phoenix area so I don't know if she's just interested in people in this area or anywhere. None the less, if this is something you want to do, let me know.

KimAZ

25 replies
Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 8:58am
post #2 of 26

Thats great news for you!

I'd love to be on one of those competitions but I don't think I can handle the stress.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 11:13am
post #3 of 26

That is SO awesome! What a big compliment!

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 12:58pm
post #4 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimAZ

Hi All,
Not that *I* could be on that show by any means but she contacted me and is asking for people who might be interested in competing on the Ultimate Cake Off! She actually email me through one of the cake clubs I'm in.

If you have any interest in doing something like this, please let me know and I can put you in touch with her. I'm assuming she's looking all over the country for decorators. I thought of so many people here at Cake Central who would do awesome on a show like that!

I'm in the Phoenix area so I don't know if she's just interested in people in this area or anywhere. None the less, if this is something you want to do, let me know.

KimAZ

Just a quick question, what other cake clubs are out there, and can anyone join?

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 1:34pm
post #5 of 26

Wow thats awesome, congrats!
I would love to do UCO ,just don't think I have the skill necassary to compete againts the big guys, plus I've never made a 5ft tall cake before thats huge!
What kind of people is she looking for?

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 1:39pm
post #6 of 26

There are some awesome decorators on CC who would excel at something like that. I can think of several who come to mind (don't want to single out so I'll keep them to myself). Maybe you could pm some of the ones from here whose work you love.

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 1:52pm
post #7 of 26

Congrats to you! Let us know if you accept the challenge and how it goes. How exciting!

KimAZ Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 7:12pm
post #8 of 26

Oh, as I said, *I* would not be competing. Heck no. I'm no where near that level. icon_eek.gif I think I was contacted because I am the webmaster of both cake club's websites in my area. The lady is looking for anyone who thinks they could do it. She didn't share any further details.

Cakebaker1957-
The cake clubs in the Phoenix area are the Confection Connection Cake Club in Mesa and the Westside Cake Club in Glendale. And yes, anyone is welcome to attend. We have a lot of fun each month! The Westside Club also hosts the annual Cake and Sugar Art Show of Arizona.

KimAZ

babeebk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babeebk Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 7:13pm
post #9 of 26

I'd love to compete, but I'm just an amatuer!

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 9:04pm
post #10 of 26

I nominate summernoelle, with kelleyM, txcupcake, amia, and myself as her team mates...LOL! But really I am serious!

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 9:30pm
post #11 of 26

Very seriously, I would LOVE to!

__Jamie__ Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 9:39pm
post #12 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylan

I'd love to be on one of those competitions but I don't think I can handle the stress.

Hey-you and me. We'll knock 'em dead. But I get to be the comic relief!!

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 10:03pm
post #13 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesdivine

I nominate summernoelle, with kelleyM, txcupcake, amia, and myself as her team mates...LOL! But really I am serious!

I am there! thumbs_up.gif

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 12:13pm
post #14 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by LURVELY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylan

Hey-you and me. We'll knock 'em dead. But I get to be the comic relief!!

Definitely! Who does not want to work with our beautiful Jamie? Of course everyone want to be on your team.

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 1:27am
post #15 of 26

Congrat KimAZ, what a compliment. What do you mean your not good enough. Your cakes are wonderful. Have some confidence in yourself. I believe you could do it. Wow, could you imagine. I only wish that I was anywhere near that level. I'm just a newbie, I'd faint over dead away at the thought. But you, you got what it takes. Go for it. You only live once.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 4:04pm
post #16 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by txcupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesdivine

I am there! thumbs_up.gif

Don't mess with Texas!

__Jamie__ Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 4:18pm
post #17 of 26

Soooooo, anyone want to share whether or not they applied? I'm wrapping up my video this afternoon! icon_biggrin.gif

KimAZ Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 12:47am
post #18 of 26

I know they called at least 4 people that I recommended to them from here in the Phoenix area. All were to send in vidoes and wait to hear back from there.

Good luck Jamie!
KimAZ

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 3:51pm
post #19 of 26

I would love to compete! It would be great to be the lead or an assistant.

Thanks!

Michele

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 2:56am
post #20 of 26

rylan and jamie -- you two would be awesome together! icon_biggrin.gif

__Jamie__ Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 4:15am
post #21 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimAZ

I know they called at least 4 people that I recommended to them from here in the Phoenix area. All were to send in vidoes and wait to hear back from there.

Good luck Jamie!
KimAZ

Thanks Kim! Unfortunately, I didn't have the camera crew (hubby) available to help, and other time factors just didn't play in this time around. Next season for sure! And Adree, I agree! I think that would be a fun match! I can think of lots of fun people from CC that would make the whole experience unforgettable.....now I am just looking forward to seeing CC people on the big screen. I hope people from here make it. icon_smile.gif It would be unjust if they didn't!

seasonsmoke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seasonsmoke Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 10:27pm
post #22 of 26

Wow it is great that Ultimate Cake Off is looking for new blood to compete. Unfortenately I'm not at that level yet.

sweeteats0919 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeteats0919 Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 6:57pm
post #23 of 26

I would love to compete

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 12:08am
post #24 of 26

Oh My Gosh that would be soo much fun! I wanna play with the big kids someday!

sweeteats0919 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeteats0919 Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 12:24am
post #25 of 26

well im ready to play with the big kids they dont scare me!

KimAZ Posted 21 Dec 2009 , 11:23pm
post #26 of 26

O.M.G!!!! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif
I think I may actually get to play with the big kids!!! Things are looking VERY good!

KimAZ

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%