Drawing A Blank...need Help!

Baking By robinscakes Updated 20 Oct 2009 , 7:57pm by cownsj

robinscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinscakes Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 9:07pm
post #1 of 19

Can anyone suggest something I can write on tombstone cookies. You know, something cute (and not offensive), and short enough so that I don't have to go nuts fitting it all on? Other than "R.I.P." do you know what else I can write? I've seen cute names before but can't remember any of them for the life of me. Any help would be appreciated!

18 replies
tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 9:42pm
post #2 of 19

Gladys Nottme

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 10:02pm
post #3 of 19

Geri Attrick
Harry Pitts
Ivana Tinkle
Robin Banks
Scott Free

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 10:30pm
post #4 of 19

Ima Corpse
R. U. Next
Ted N. Buried
I. B. Dead

sugalips Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugalips Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 10:51pm
post #5 of 19

Frank N. Stein
Ura Goste
Bod E. Parts

ButtacreamRose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ButtacreamRose Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 12:54am
post #6 of 19

U.R.Gone
Al B. Back
U.R. Rotten
Will U. R.I.P.

robinscakes Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 8:18pm
post #7 of 19

Thanks so much! Anyone else? These names are really cute!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 8:30pm
post #8 of 19

Those names are hilarious, but I LOVe the Gladys Nottme. First time I heard that one!

cownsj Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 8:37pm
post #9 of 19

you can also do more traditional:
Mr. Hyde
Dr. Jekyll

and here's a list for you.......(yes I cheated and found the list online lol)

Al B. Rightback
Alby Rightback
Alex Blaine Laider
B. A. Ghoul
Bach Agenn
Barry D. Alyve
Barry M Alyve
Barry M. Deep
Barry R. Bones
Ben Dover
Ben Thair and Dunn Tat
Berry D. Hatchet
C. U. Lader
C. U. Sune
Candy B. Goode
Clara Voince
Dee Cayed
DiAnn Rotte
Dr. Izzy Gone
Dusty N. Crumblin
Emma Ghost
Fester N. Rott
Fester N. Rotten
Good E. Candy
Good N. Rotten
Hugh B Next
I. L. Beabach
I. M. Gone
I. M. Next
Ima Ghost
Ima Here
Ima N. Carnation
Ima Spook
Imus B. Goewin
Izzy Gone
Jess Kause
Justin Pieces
Justin Thyme
Kay Davver
Kerry Emhoff
Kerry M. Hoff
M. T. Box
M. T. Tomb
Manny Bones
Mark A. Place
May B. Runnen
Myra Mains
Otta B. Alive
Paul Tergeist
Phil Dirt
Pierson D. Heart
R. U. Next
R.I.P. Van Winkle
Reid N Weep
Rick N. Amortis
Ricky D. Bones
Rigger Mortys
Rott N. Flesh
Russ T. Chain
Russ T. Kauphin
Rustin Peece
Rusty Gates
Seymour Butz
Stella Live
Ted N. Buried
Thirst N. Howl
U. R. Gone
U. R. Next
Vandal B.Ware
Warren Pieces
Wee G. Bord
Will B. Back
Willy Rott
Wilson Joynme
Xavier Breath
Yetta Nother
Yul B. Next
Yule B. Heresune

robinscakes Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 2:25am
post #10 of 19

Cowsnj, those are great! Thanks so much!

cownsj Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 3:40pm
post #11 of 19

I'm glad I could help. This one caught my attention big time, and I just had to try to help. My wife and I do up Halloween BIG TIME at our house each year, so it struck a nerve. We make all our own props, have 8 people in costume in our yard and each of us gives out treats that match our costumes. Plus, we have a full size cemetery in our yard, complete with "wrought iron" fence, cemetery stanchions with working lights to look like old fashioned gas lights and working gates. Just in case you want to see what we do, here is a link to our photobucket pictures of Halloween 2007. (We add to every year). We even made all the wedding guests you see, plus other characters. Notice the beeeeeutiful wedding cake in the middle of the haunted wedding.
http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j266/janetwoudenberg/Halloween%202007/

cownsj Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 3:41pm
post #12 of 19

I'm glad I could help. This one caught my attention big time, and I just had to try to help. My wife and I do up Halloween BIG TIME at our house each year, so it struck a nerve. We make all our own props, have 8 people in costume in our yard and each of us gives out treats that match our costumes. Plus, we have a full size cemetery in our yard, complete with "wrought iron" fence, cemetery stanchions with working lights to look like old fashioned gas lights and working gates. Just in case you want to see what we do, here is a link to our photobucket pictures of Halloween 2007. (We add to every year). We even made all the wedding guests you see, plus other characters. Notice the beeeeeutiful wedding cake in the middle of the haunted wedding.
http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j266/janetwoudenberg/Halloween%202007/

KitchenConvert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenConvert Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 2:55pm
post #13 of 19

This is perfect for the tombstones I'm making this week. Hopefully this will bump it to the top to help others for Halloween cookie making!

tatorchip Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 3:07pm
post #14 of 19

cownsj love the photos, wow ya'll go all out I am sure everyone looks forward to see more every year looks like a lot of fun fun fun

cownsj Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 3:28pm
post #15 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatorchip

cownsj love the photos, wow ya'll go all out I am sure everyone looks forward to see more every year looks like a lot of fun fun fun

Thank you. We do go all out, but it's just too much fun. This year we've been getting emails from people from all over who want to know if we're still doing it so they can come and bring friends..... and this is the adults. We get almost as many adults who come by themselves as we get kids, which is so cool.

tatorchip Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 4:04pm
post #16 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cownsj

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatorchip

Thank you. We do go all out, but it's just too much fun. This year we've been getting emails from people from all over who want to know if we're still doing it so they can come and bring friends..... and this is the adults. We get almost as many adults who come by themselves as we get kids, which is so cool.

Two pictures from what I made for grand daughters halloween bd party, took me a year to make all props but loved every minute of it, so I know how ya'll feel
LL
LL

cownsj Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 5:44pm
post #17 of 19

They look great. I'll bet your granddaughter and all her friends loved every bit of that party. They're scarier than my wife lets me do... lol She is all for "spooky", but not scary, because she gets too scared.

If you ever want to make more "people" a quick way to make them is to use pvc to make a basic stick figure frame. Tie a pillow around the middle, use a styrofoam head dummy and dress it up. Glue only at particular intersections, then you can take it apart and store it in a storage bin, they'll go back together quick and easy. I think I have the directions someplace, at least I should have a photo (which is what we worked from), if anyone should want it.

tatorchip Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 7:42pm
post #18 of 19

thanks, after the party we used everything for halloween at my sister's house, it was two days before halloween and on halloween night it was used for a party for the kids of all employees where I worked and I let them keep them, I am retired so I don't know if they are still using them or not. That sounds like a great idea for the pvc pipes, btw it was very scary that is what she wanted and they loved it. sil chased me with a chain saw (chain removed) and we all had fun and I know ya'll will have a blast and love the bride also, if I lived near by I sure would drop by. HAVE A GREAT TIME

cownsj Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 7:57pm
post #19 of 19

It's so great that you were able to use your props more than one time in the same year. How fun. I love the chainsaw idea, my wife would never show up for it... lol

Just hoping for another good year of weather this year. We've had small amounts of snow already this year, but it's a bit warmer right now. Last year we have 14 inches of snow 2 days before Halloween, then it was in the upper 60's for Halloween Day. Boy did we luck out.

We may make a new wedding cake for next year, still deciding. What we have has worked very well, but we may do something a bit more colorful, creepy, not sure of an idea yet. Last year I did do a "Nightmare Before Christmas" wedding cake for a Halloween wedding. I've thought about possibly redoing some or all of their cake as a cake dummy to put on the table. So many new ideas, and so much time to set it all up. lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%