My Cake Is Not "naughty"...can I Post It Regularly

Decorating By lutie Updated 8 Oct 2009 , 2:46am by lutie

lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 5:42pm
post #1 of 7

Some of my church ladies gave me an order for a bachelorette cake for one of the Sunday School teachers...it was a bustier cake and had to be very, very discreet and tasteful... we are a very strict church, but they wanted a little fun for the new bride... I want to post it because it was a beautiful, tasteful cake, but I do not wish to be out of compliance if someone would think it fell into "the naughty" category... it is not a Frederick's of Hollywood-type of bustier, but more of a Victoria Secret-type in pink and white.
I do not wish to go against any of the rules. What should I do?

6 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 5:46pm
post #2 of 7

I posted mine in the regular area. Mine was made to look like black leather with red trim but it wasn't naked or anything icon_biggrin.gif so I figured it was all right. No one has complained or moved it or anything like that. I'm sure yours would be fine there too.

pattigunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattigunter Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 5:57pm
post #3 of 7

I posted one in the regular section also. Nothing naked dont worry about it.

pattigunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattigunter Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 6:04pm
post #4 of 7

That's odd - I just looked at my photos and my lingerie cake is gone. I didnt take it off so I wonder what happened to it?

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 6:06pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattigunter

That's odd - I just looked at my photos and my lingerie cake is gone. I didnt take it off so I wonder what happened to it?

If it's the cute one that's blue with the white flowers and hot pink background, it's there but it's in the Naughty cakes gallery. There's a glitch right now so that we can't see our own naughty cakes but we can see other peoples naughty cakes when we click on their photos tab.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 2:47am
post #6 of 7

I don't think that the lingerie is naughty. I think the "naughty" section is for body parts that are being exposed. So I think you're safe just putting it in the regular section.

Just my two cents.

lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 2:46am
post #7 of 7

O.K. I am going to take a chance because if it was not considered "naughty" for the Southern Baptist ladies, surely it will be acceptable here... I want to do what is right always.

Thanks for your input!
Lutie

You may want to check it out on my photos and see what you think...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%