How Much For A Cake Like This

Decorating By twinmomgirl Updated 5 Oct 2009 , 10:12pm by traceyjade

twinmomgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinmomgirl Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 9:05pm
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone,

I have so many quote for my shoe box cake (you can see two of them in my picture). The lid and the box are cake. The dimension of the box is 5 1/2 X 11 inch.
How much you will charge for a cake like that?
I'm curious to know if I'm charging to much for it.

5 replies
LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 9:18pm
post #2 of 6

$200 bucks! They are really nice by the way.

twinmomgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinmomgirl Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 9:25pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks

mrob511 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrob511 Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 9:27pm
post #4 of 6

Sorry for the last post without looking at your photos. I would certainly say at least $200, and I would expect to pay upwards of $400, even in the southern US where prices are quite low. With the kind of detail you provide, you should charge even more. You're very talented!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 9:29pm
post #5 of 6

I do get about 22 servings and if you sell them for $80 bucks, send them my way. I would LOVE to sell your beautiful works at my prices! icon_wink.gif By the way I've seen a lot of people charge no less then $25 just for the shoe & go as high as $50...just for the shoe! Think about it! And your shoes are beyond the regualr shoes I see on here sometimes.

traceyjade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traceyjade Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 10:12pm
post #6 of 6

Hi there, great cakes. I think around $150 to $200 for all the work. It is hard to find clients in that price range though. I have made a couple of cakes like that and have undercharged only because I was practicing for family friends. I hate when people will say $40 for a cake. Its rediculous because they don't know the time it takes ect. All said I think if you can find people to pay $200 that would be great because it is definately worth it! It nice to see someone else on here from my area thumbs_up.gif

TL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%