Wasc Turned Out Dry...please Help!!

Decorating By morrisaz2004 Updated 5 Oct 2009 , 12:54pm by ddaigle

morrisaz2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morrisaz2004 Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 1:46am
post #1 of 5

Well, I've made Kakeladis ORIGINAL WASC many times and the last two times I've made it, the cake has come out dry. It was a 12" white cake, I used a flower nail as a heating core, baked it at 325 degrees, nothing unusual. For some reason, my cake didn't seem to cook in the middle like normal and I did have to cook it a little longer than usual. This could have contributed to the dryness. Oven temperature is right on (I checked) and I used Fat Daddio pans.....Can anyone help me out with this? If the cake is turning out too dry, do you have a suggestion on what I can add to make it a little more moist???? What else can I do to assure that my center will cook? Anything will help. Not sure what it is that is different all of the sudden. TIA!!

4 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 8:54am
post #2 of 5

I would recommend using bake even strips and inverted flower nails. icon_smile.gif

minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 12:12pm
post #3 of 5

Something has changed. One of the product makers has changed the formula or your oven isn't heating consistently or maybe your mixer is running slow or fast...something. If you have made this recipe many times with good results and now it fails...check your eggs...weigh them. I went thru this with WM last year. The shells were heavier and the insides were lighter than allowed by standard....it was great when the dairy manager finally looked into it and told everyone I was not the crazy I appeared to be.

ranbel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ranbel Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 12:42pm
post #4 of 5

I have had the same problem. The first few times I baked this cake it was the best ever. But, I have made cupcakes with this recipe twice and they have been extremely dry.

I have not changed anything either. I have a wedding cake in a few weeks and really wanted to use this receipe, but now I afraid it will come out dry.

Sorry, I can't be of any help, but maybe someone can help up both out.

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 12:54pm
post #5 of 5

I use Rebecca Sutterby's version of the recipe that has oil in it. That and not overcooking with a flowernail in the center of my pan results in perfect WASC everytime.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%