Cake Decorating Book

Decorating By Panacaboy Updated 5 Oct 2009 , 3:04pm by paolacaracas

Panacaboy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Panacaboy Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 3:23am
post #1 of 9

I may be starting a bit early but I am Christmas shopping and my wife and I always get each other a book. I am looking for a good decorating book that I could get her. She is not a professional but she is extremely good so I don't want anything too simple. I was looking at "The Cake Bible" by Rose Levy Beranbaum. It reviews well on Amazon but I trust the opinion of Cake Central users over any others. Please help or give suggestions.

8 replies
kricket Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kricket Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 3:36am
post #2 of 9

A book on my "wish list" right now is Martha Stewart's Wedding Cakes. Big book with TONS of photos/ideas for beautiful cakes.

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 3:51am
post #3 of 9

I love The Whimsical Bakehouse books. I think there are three now-cakes, little cakes and Christmas cookies. The House Buttercream recipe is one of my favorites. I could eat it by the bowlful. And I have.

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 3:56am
post #4 of 9

Personally, I found that The Cake Bible wasn't at all a decorating book, but a book about baking and the science of baking. It's a fantastic book, and my copy (purchased in 198icon_cool.gif, is well-worn and grease-stained!

cakefanatic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefanatic Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 4:14am
post #5 of 9

I like these two books. The Essential Cake Decorating Guide it has a lavender purple cover with long stem rose. They other book is Spectacular Cakes by: Mich Turner. I hope this hepls.

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 1:17pm
post #6 of 9

Hi panacaboy-

My husband gave the cake bible 6 years ago for a present on mother's day. It has been my favorite book. It has well worn pages, highlights and pencil notes. She will love the book. If she does not like it you can always exchanging it on amazon.

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 2:14pm
post #7 of 9

I also like the Whimsical Bakehouse. I also like anything by Colette Peters (but to be honest - I just love looking at her photos!). But if she is really into cake decorating as much as you say, then I'm sure she'll be happy with any book that she doesn't already have!

cakesweetiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesweetiecake Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 2:41pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panacaboy

I may be starting a bit early but I am Christmas shopping and my wife and I always get each other a book. I am looking for a good decorating book that I could get her. She is not a professional but she is extremely good so I don't want anything too simple. I was looking at "The Cake Bible" by Rose Levy Beranbaum. It reviews well on Amazon but I trust the opinion of Cake Central users over any others. Please help or give suggestions.

Rose has a new book out. I browsed it while in the bookstore. Lots of great pictures in it.

htp://www.amazon.com/Roses-Heavenly-Cakes-Rose-Beranbaum/dp/0471781738/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpi_1

paolacaracas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paolacaracas Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 3:04pm
post #9 of 9

If I would only have one book it would be The cake bible. Mine is also all greasy and after all this years I still use it as reference.
But I must worn you, It wont be only one, cake books are highly addictive

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%