Ok, Now Im Going To Cry..... (A Bit Long)

Decorating By cathie_shinnick Updated 4 Oct 2009 , 1:55pm by cathie_shinnick

cathie_shinnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathie_shinnick Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 1:12am
post #1 of 24

But I cant decide if its from frustration or from laughing so hard..... So, last night I posted a question about a filling for a coconut cake...(the cake was a new recipe that I just came up with using coconut milk and cooked coconut pudding)....anyway.....decided on chocolate ganache....had problems with the ganache...my fault though, a simple basic math problem......problem is, I cant add icon_redface.gif I was given a ratio of 1 cup cream to 16oz chocolate. Ok no problem so i doubled that.....2 cups of cream and 24oz of chocolate...ummm yea...addition problem......melted more chocolate mixed it, let it sit for a few hours....still not thick enough so I took half of the ganache put it in my KA added some ps and some cocoa powder, a little sweet but ok. Now for some reason I decided to use the first batch of ganache. i torted the cake, piped a 1/2" of chocolate onto the cake and put it in the fridge. It setup eally nice, ...Yeaaa...this is going to work...I put the next layer on and did the same...etc,etc....now the cake is filled, chilled and ready to be frostd on the outside......I get the cake covered and now Im smoothing the ganache while the cake is sitting on top of a tall glass bowl to make it higer and easier for me to work on and..............FLIP FLOP on the floor, the layers slide apart, ganache everywhere icon_cry.gif I scream! My husband yells, OMG, are you ok? Well I cant answer because I cant catch my breath from laughing so hard and have tears running down my cheeks......He runs up the steps to check on me since I didn't answer..... comes into the kitchen slips in the ganache .... icon_surprised.gif BOOM ...and he is down for the count....So how is your night going????

23 replies
sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 1:27am
post #2 of 24

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH dear! Umm well erm... does he taste good now? icon_cool.gif

aquamom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aquamom Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 1:30am
post #3 of 24

Hmmmm that's what I love about this site..whenever I get into a jam I realize I am not alone.

So are you going to try again? I love the idea of the ganache with the coconut--kinda like a reverse mounds candy bar.

sadsmile Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 1:32am
post #4 of 24

Oooo you could make cake balls! Sounds delish!!!

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 1:33am
post #5 of 24

oh noes! I'm so sorry that that happened!! but now...

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I can't believe he slipped in it! and poor you! you were trying soo hard icon_lol.gif

you know...we learn from all our mistakes...but I definitely think you weren't suppose to eat that cake icon_razz.gif

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 1:35am
post #6 of 24

OMG!!!! You made my day!!!! Your poor yummy hunny!!! That's happened to me before. All of it. Just not on one night!!!!!

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 1:35am
post #7 of 24

My first thought............get down on the floor with your DH and have some fun....ummmm I mean cake!! icon_lol.gif

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 1:50am
post #8 of 24

Chocolate covered husband! Yummy!! Lucky woman, you.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 2:01am
post #9 of 24

Bless your heart! That's a smile I really needed! Sounds like a bad situation diffused by humor... there is no better way! Hope you got the mess cleaned up and the boo-boo's kissed! Have fun!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 2:04am
post #10 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH dear! Umm well erm... does he taste good now? icon_cool.gif

Quote:

Am I the only one with my mind in the gutter on these two comments? icon_rolleyes.gif

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 2:12am
post #11 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:

Quote:

Am I the only one with my mind in the gutter on these two comments? icon_rolleyes.gif

Nope I see my mind down there in that gutter with ya Debi LOL~

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 2:15am
post #12 of 24

Hey you guys... you are crowding my gutter! Get your own! heheheh! icon_redface.gif

sadsmile Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 2:22am
post #13 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:

Quote:

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif What's better than cake balls ... than cake balls icon_razz.gif
Bad-a-bump!

dutchy1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dutchy1971 Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 2:27am
post #14 of 24

lol you guys made my night.

Cathie sorry your cake fell icon_sad.gif I'm dealing with a cursed cake right now, but the image of your cake on the floor and your hubby going down made me laugh sorry icon_smile.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 2:29am
post #15 of 24

Hey, Melvira, I figured I'd meet you in the gutter neighborhood! icon_lol.gif

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 2:42am
post #16 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathie_shinnick

....So how is your night going????

Oh, Cathie... sorry to hear your story, but was so frustrated with my own cake tonight (took on waaay too much this weekend and they are both cursed cakes!) I took a few minutes to check in and "take a chill pill." Thanks for the laugh! Or, the cry. icon_biggrin.gificon_cry.gif

geri4292adams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
geri4292adams Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 2:43am
post #17 of 24

This is too perfect. After the week I've had, I completely needed that laugh. I can barely type.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 2:45am
post #18 of 24

icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif You guys are SO bad on here sometimes! ((finger wagging)) icon_redface.gif

thanks for the story, cause it was hilarious

luvmysmoother Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvmysmoother Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 5:42am
post #19 of 24

lol - I also had a rough week and needed that - thanksicon_smile.gif

CakeandDazzle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeandDazzle Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 6:33am
post #20 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchy1971

but the image of your cake on the floor and your hubby going down made me laugh sorry icon_smile.gif

I am sorry but all the gutter talk took me right there with you!!

Jen80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jen80 Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 12:06pm
post #21 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchy1971

hubby going down

Me too icon_redface.gif .

Sure is getting crowded here.

Sorry about your cake icon_smile.gif .

cathie_shinnick Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 12:23pm
post #22 of 24

You all are so funny..As often as my mind is in the gutter, I wish I would have taken advantage of what could have been a pleasantly interesting evening........I have to say...I now have a new coconut cake recipe it was DELISH!!!! By the way, I am making cake truffles today,. I did save the two bottom layers. Thank goodness Im a compulsive floor washer!!!! icon_smile.gif

Echooo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Echooo3 Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 1:20pm
post #23 of 24

Full moon for sure. Got to love the cake balls, when a cake falls, it's giving birth to "cake balls".

cathie_shinnick Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 1:55pm
post #24 of 24

Haaa Love it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%