I Guess I'm Making Cake Balls

Decorating By dutchy1971 Updated 4 Oct 2009 , 12:56am by LaBellaFlor

dutchy1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dutchy1971 Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 8:24pm
post #1 of 7

I had a friend who called for a last minute cake for a friend of his who is moving away. So I got up nice and early to bake a sheet cake. Turning it out 1/2 of the cake stuck in the pan, no way to save it and what was left was kind of dried out. Not sure why, all I can think of is I changed my spray release. So I now have 1/2 sheet cake chopped up into a big bowl and I figure I'll try cake balls for the 1st time, if it fails oh well it was already a ruined cake.

I have my bakers joy now I'm happy again

6 replies
-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 11:16pm
post #2 of 7

Sorry that happened. It's always at the wrong time too, isn't it?! I really think it's worth taking the extra minute to cut a piece of parchment, then you can be 100% sure that nothing will stick.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 11:18pm
post #3 of 7

Agree! Love parchment paper.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 11:34pm
post #4 of 7

You can alse use freezer paper or wax paper--just make sure everything has settled before you take it off.

shebaben Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shebaben Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 11:52pm
post #5 of 7

Yep - I learned the hard way! icon_mad.gif Spray, parchment paper, then brush on homemade pan grease. It took a while, but I finally learned! Now - about those cake balls - I may have to MAKE a sheet cake and crumble it on purpose to make some cake balls in a couple of weeks! Maybe I should look ahead and just get cracking on some of the Halloween stufff... icon_rolleyes.gif

dutchy1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dutchy1971 Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 12:54am
post #6 of 7

I've never used parchment, usually I never have a problem. I've always used bakers joy but for some reason our local grocery stores stopped carrying it, I couldn't even get it at smart and final anymore, so I switched to a more expensive brand I had never heard of but it was one of those that looked like it would be used in commercial bakeries, guess I was wrong and leanrt the hard way. I found bakers joy tho today at Walmart of all places, came home baked a 2nd cake and all is looking good. I have a busy night decorating tho this cake is being picked up at 8.30am tomorrow.

Cake balls will have to wait till another day, but I'm looking forward to making them icon_smile.gif

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 12:56am
post #7 of 7

I loooove Baker's Joy. I think it works with really well with the parchment paper.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%