How Long Can I Leave My Cake Out After Frostong , Fondant???

Decorating By Cricketina Updated 3 Oct 2009 , 4:06am by CakeMommyTX

Cricketina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cricketina Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 2:21am
post #1 of 3

I have a baby shower cake due this wednesday I am doing all the gumpaste fondant details tomorrow to let them dry out,,,I am Baking my Wasc Cake tuesday and covering it in BC and Fondant and filling it with strawberry BC...I am then covering it in saran wrap! Can I keep it on the counter covered in the saran for a few days with out spoiling??? as I would really like to make and assemble the cake Mon or tues in case of any issues...so I would have time to re make??? Or can I put the fondant and saran wrap covered tiers in the fridge??? I here fondant will harden and or crack in the fridge??? is this even true??? Pleassssssssssssssssssseeee help me with this cake dilema!!! icon_redface.gif

2 replies
cathie_shinnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathie_shinnick Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 2:35am
post #2 of 3

Once you have iced then covered in fondant, you dont have to cover. The fondant will seal in the moistness. When I have 3 or 4 cakes due on a Saturday, they are frosted and covered in fondant on Thursday, then I just have to add the gumpaste and other decorations. I do though sometimes, put a large storage tub over to keep dust (or anything else in the air if the windows are open) off of the cakes.

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 4:06am
post #3 of 3

They will be fine as long as your fillings don't require refrigeration.
You can put fondant in the fridge, I do it for all my cakes (I like to transport chilled cakes) and other then the condensation (which evaporates) I've never had a problem.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%