Question About Cupcake Bouquet!?!?!

Baking By brittalicious Updated 9 Oct 2009 , 9:49pm by three_sets_of_twins

brittalicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brittalicious Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 8:51pm
post #1 of 18

hi i was wanting to ask about a cupcake bouquet. i noticed in some pictures u can really see all of the bottom of the cupcakes which doesn't look as good as the ones that you just see all the tops of the cc very close together making it more realistic. how is that done? and another question how can these be wrapped without being destroyed i am wanting to make some for some craft fairs that are coming up soon in my home townicon_biggrin.gif TIA

17 replies
Melnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melnick Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 9:47am
post #2 of 18
brittalicious Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 5:58pm
post #3 of 18

thanks melnick but i went there and then went to tutorial which is on here but i cant find iticon_sad.gif

JawdroppingCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JawdroppingCakes Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 6:08pm
post #4 of 18

I posted some pictures showing the way that I put these together. I hope this helps you out.
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-649458.html

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 6:15pm
post #5 of 18

Here are a couple that I've done, it holds 19 standards cupcakes

the flower pot one holds 7 standard cupcakes

Here's what I did. I bought 5oz. clear plastic drinking cups at Wal-Mart and stapled them together at the top edges, keep building them up one by one and they naturally form a rounded top like a bouquet.
Then I glued the cups (once they're all stapled) to a 10" cake circle. Then took (maybe 5" x 5" square) pieces of tissue paper and glued them up on the sides of the cups and to cover the board. Just kept layering them until it was all covered and looked good. Then I swirled the cupcakes, airbrushed the colors, let them dry a bit, and popped them inside the tops of the cups. Depending on the size of you cupcakes you can buy those little 2 oz. plastic cups that are short and glue those just in the inside of the cup ( or staple them) and they will keep the cupcake from wanting to slide down inside of the cup.

here are photos....hope this makes sense

For the ones in the pot I just glued the stapled cups into the pot. Then added plastic baby's breath when it was finished.
LL
LL
LL
LL

brittalicious Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 6:28pm
post #6 of 18

oh wow thanks guys that helped alot actually. so now how do you wrap them?:S

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 6:47pm
post #7 of 18

Carefully. HAHAHAHAAA!!!!! I would personally use a big BIG piece of cellophane and put the pot in the middle, then bring up all the edges and tie off with a ribbon. like a basket, you know? did that make any sense at all???

brittalicious Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 7:44pm
post #8 of 18

totally thats the only thing i thought of actually

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 6:11pm
post #9 of 18

WOW!! Those are amazing!! I'm doing that class this Sunday. So excited!

KHalstead Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 6:27pm
post #10 of 18

I put mine inside of a cake box. I buy a 14" box and put some non skid padding underneath and put the cake board on that with the cupcakes in the cups attached, then just prop the lid open a bit and put plastic wrap over the opened portion.

for the flower pot ones, I use a 10" box and then I get another box just barely smaller (I use 9" pie boxes) and cut out a circle the exact size of the bottom of the pot, put the smaller box inside the larger one, stick the pot down in the circle (keeps it from tipping over) and then prop the lid again and use plastic wrap if the box isn't tall enough to shut.
HTH

brittalicious Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 6:30pm
post #11 of 18

thanks khalstead

rosiecast Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 6:44pm
post #12 of 18

Just a quick ??. How do you take them apart- I mean if you have this at a party how are guests supposed to take one off without pulling all of them off?

Sorry, newbie here,

brittalicious Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 7:09pm
post #13 of 18

good question i never thought of that! do tell!

KHalstead Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 8:09pm
post #14 of 18

when they're in the cups they're super easy to pul out if you pull out the cupcakes around the outer edge first, there is still the top of the cupcake sticking up so it's quite easy to grab with your fingers, and once one is out the others are all the easier to grab as well. I like the cups better than the foam and toothpick for this reason (I used to do them with foam and toothpicks/skewers and it's so messy trying to get them off) The cupcakes aren't secured TO the cups, they're just nestled down just inside the cup so it's very easy to remove.

rosiecast Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 11:45pm
post #15 of 18

Thanks Khalstead!! That makes sense.

sugarspice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarspice Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 1:33pm
post #16 of 18

Very pretty cupcake boquets! The colors are very natural looking!

mittensmarsh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mittensmarsh Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 9:08pm
post #17 of 18

These look great! What size tip did you use?

three_sets_of_twins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
three_sets_of_twins Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 9:49pm
post #18 of 18

sorry for being slow here, but once uve frosted the cupcakes, how do u slip them into the cups without ruining them? I mean ur fingers touching them or the cakes touching each other? Gorgeous work btw.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%