Decorating Block (Similar To Writer's Block!!!) Need Help..

Decorating By izzy1953 Updated 2 Oct 2009 , 9:58pm by Texas_Rose

izzy1953 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
izzy1953 Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 8:45pm
post #1 of 7

can someone look at the first photo in my photos............minnie mouse and tell me what else this cake needs????? its missing something around the top of the bottom tier, but i am stumped............ideas are welcome, desired, and requested............PLEASE?

6 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 8:50pm
post #2 of 7

It's really cute. I think a couple of daisies in darker pink to match the ribbon, with white centers, would add that little something.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 8:52pm
post #3 of 7

THe cake is beautiful .... seriously. You know I wouldn't say it was if it wasn't.

I think what is bothering you is the color balance. Starting at the bottom and going up, you have black/pink; black/pink; then the top two tiers have no black, so it looks out of balance to our artistic eyes. Even if you added a small black bow at the top somewhere, I think that would give it what you're looking for.

If you deliver it as is, they will LOVE it.

izzy1953 Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 8:57pm
post #4 of 7

indydebi you always make me feel so much better about everything! I had to laugh the other night because i think it was you that said you sometimes take a smoke break while your buttercream was mixing? i always start on my cakes and take a smoke break and stand outside the kitchen door and stare at the cake and see how it looks from another view. anyway i thought about you and wondered if you were taking a smoke break too! was that you?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 9:08pm
post #5 of 7

Yeah, that was me! But I'm only a summertime smoker. Too cold to go outside in the winter. Neither hubby or I are "addicted". When I run out of cigs, I throw the pack away and go weeks/months without buying another. Like you see on "Hell's KItchen", my smoking is WAY up during the heavy catering season! It's more of a way to force me to take a break than it is a "need" for a smoke.

izzy1953 Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 9:15pm
post #6 of 7

i know i quit for about 3 months and i was like...........if you don't smoke what do you do when you take a break? anyway thanks for the advice. im about to go home and see if i can just add a touch of black somewhere! just to make ME feel better! thanks so much! BTW i live in georgia........i can smoke all the time..........it could be 80 in december!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 9:58pm
post #7 of 7

You ladies sound like me a couple of years ago. The only reason I quit smoking was because I couldn't afford it anymore, not if I wanted to stay home with my kids. But then I broke my leg and the doctors said if I was still a smoker I would never have walked again. I guess everything happens for a reason...but sometimes I really wish I still had that reason to take a break every couple of hours!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%