How Many Servings???

Decorating By alicialee Updated 3 Oct 2009 , 4:51pm by kcassano

alicialee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicialee Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 2:42pm
post #1 of 6

Does anyone know how many servings the Wilton "Pirate ship pan" and the "Sports ball pan" will make??

5 replies
snocilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snocilla Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 3:30pm
post #2 of 6

I'm wondering the same thing. Here's a bump.

alicialee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicialee Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 5:12pm
post #3 of 6

Yeah I can't believe wilton does not have the number of servings for the pan! how are we supposed to figure it out?!?!?!

snocilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snocilla Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 5:25pm
post #4 of 6

The instructions say 4 1/2 cups of batter for the sports ball pan. The wedding cake baking time and batter amounts page for 3" pans, says that an 8" round take 5 cups of batter and makes 24 servings. A 6" round takes 3 cups batter and serves 12. So, I'm thinking 4 1/2 cups maybe makes around 20 servings? This is the best estimate I can come up with. The pirate ship is probably about the same, since the sports ball and pirate ship both say to use basically one box mix.

mamanof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamanof3 Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 5:34pm
post #5 of 6

I agree with snocilla. Character/novelty cakes using wilton pans yield about 24 servings.

kcassano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcassano Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 4:51pm
post #6 of 6

I was just investigating this myself, and if you are talking about Wilton's "Sports Ball Pan Set" (http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=3E30ABD4-475A-BAC0-5B381DA1BA82E3D3&killnav=1), it says it makes 12 servings. For some reason they do not post this info on the actual link to purchase this pan set, BUT if you go to one of the designs (e.g. golf ball), which uses this same pan set, it indicates 12 servings. (http://www.wilton.com/idea/Golf-Ball-Cake).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%